Thread: reactor-webpack-plugin and react-router-dom

Sencha User
    Answers

Default Answered: reactor-webpack-plugin and react-router-dom

I used yeoman to create my app and it set up my app to use react-router-dom to navigate which is great and works well with single-level routes. My app however, seems to break on multilevel routes like '/audits/:id'.

These work fine on navigation, ie; I go to localhost:8080 and navigate to localhost:8080/audit/1010 but if I reload the browser or go directly to localhost:8080/audit/1010 it won't load the css and html as per the screenshot here:

I know that kitchensink has gotten around this using HashRouter instead of BrowserRouter but I am hoping to use BrowserRouter instead. Perhaps there is a setting I can add to webpack.config.js for the ExtReactWebpackPlugin?

2. Ah, I see. To fix this you just need to add the following to the output config in webpack:

Code:
    publicPath: '/'
    Keep in mind that you may need to set this to a build/environment variable if it's possible to deploy your site on a non-root path.

I've updated the repo to reflect this.

Sencha User
    Answers

I am wondering if this post has been missed? I would love some help with this.

Answers

Yes it was. I looked at this when it was first posted, realized I needed to do some digging, and got distracted. Thanks for reminding me .

I think all you really need to do is set contentBase: './build' in the webpack dev server settings. Here's a simple project that works with browser history:

https://github.com/markbrocato/ext-r...-basic-example

Sencha User
    Answers

Hi Mark. You're right in that project does use BrowserRouter, however the above problem still exists because I am trying to set up my route paths with multiple layers to get params into the url. To demonstrate in the example you have provided:

change
    <Route exact path='/address' component={Address} />
    to
    <Route exact path='/address/extralayer' component={Address} />

You will note that this will break the page if you manually type in http://localhost:8080/address/folder for the reasons mentioned above.

Yes, you can navigate within the browser to that page with <Link to="/address/extralayer"> but if you try to reload the page or copy and paste the url you will not be able to load the page.

Hopefully that extra explanation makes more sense.

Answers

Ah, I see. To fix this you just need to add the following to the output config in webpack:

Code:
    publicPath: '/'
    Keep in mind that you may need to set this to a build/environment variable if it's possible to deploy your site on a non-root path.

I've updated the repo to reflect this.

Sencha User
    Answers

Perfect, thanks Mark!