Thread: Test with different resolution/emulated devices

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Default Test with different resolution/emulated devices

Hi all!

I need to test an application that is usually run in touch-screen devices (portrait orientation). On my computer, using the URL of the application, the only way I could make it show ok was using the Developer Tools > Device Toolbar > selecting Nexus 10 > Fit to window (which changes the zoom to 65%).

One thing that I tried was ST.defaultContext.driver.windowHandleSize({width: 700, height: 1000}); but that won't change the zoom/size of the elements inside it, so still not all buttons/screen is visible.

Any ideas on this? I heard about Sencha being able to run tests on multiple types of devices by the way (tablet, mobile, etc), but couldn't find any docs/tutorials on this (would appreciate any resources on the subject), although I would rather find a way to test in which I wouldn't need to have the actual device - maybe if there's any way to use Sencha Test with emulators or something like that ?

Thanks for the attention!

Sencha - Support Team joel.watson's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by dayanef View Post
    Hi all!

I need to test an application that is usually run in touch-screen devices (portrait orientation). On my computer, using the URL of the application, the only way I could make it show ok was using the Developer Tools > Device Toolbar > selecting Nexus 10 > Fit to window (which changes the zoom to 65%).

One thing that I tried was ST.defaultContext.driver.windowHandleSize({width: 700, height: 1000}); but that won't change the zoom/size of the elements inside it, so still not all buttons/screen is visible.

Any ideas on this? I heard about Sencha being able to run tests on multiple types of devices by the way (tablet, mobile, etc), but couldn't find any docs/tutorials on this (would appreciate any resources on the subject), although I would rather find a way to test in which I wouldn't need to have the actual device - maybe if there's any way to use Sencha Test with emulators or something like that ?

Thanks for the attention!
    One approach you might consider is to use BrowserStack/SauceLabs. They offer the ability to test against a large number of browsers and devices, all without emulation (definitely more reliable than simulators/emulators).

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by joel.watson View Post
    One approach you might consider is to use BrowserStack/SauceLabs. They offer the ability to test against a large number of browsers and devices, all without emulation (definitely more reliable than simulators/emulators).

Hey Joel, thanks again for getting back to me. I created a trial account on Sauce Labs and when I select my tests to run against an Android device I could see on the real time video of the testing on Sauce Labs that it was actually running on an emulator (?) I could also not select the device model. Am I doing anything wrong/missing any configuration on my code/Sencha Test?

Sencha - Support Team joel.watson's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by dayanef View Post
    Hey Joel, thanks again for getting back to me. I created a trial account on Sauce Labs and when I select my tests to run against an Android device I could see on the real time video of the testing on Sauce Labs that it was actually running on an emulator (?) I could also not select the device model. Am I doing anything wrong/missing any configuration on my code/Sencha Test?
    What does your farm/pool/browser configuration look like?

Thanks
    Joel

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by joel.watson View Post
    What does your farm/pool/browser configuration look like?

Thanks
    Joel
    Sencha2.jpg

Hey Joel, just attached the print with the config, Thanks again.