Thread: Uncaught TypeError: l.runner.launchLocalBrowser is not a function

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Default Uncaught TypeError: l.runner.launchLocalBrowser is not a function

I'm trying to run my tests on a non-local browser, but I'm having some difficulties. I was following these steps https://docs.sencha.com/sencha_test/...st_runner.html

First thing I notice is for some reason my Sencha Test only shows Embedded browser as an option (?) - see print attached. Have I done something wrong with Sencha Test install or why would this be happening?

Second, on an iPad, I typed the IP address and it shows 'Sencha Test Session' ok, but if I select this browser and try to run the test I get the errors:
    Uncaught TypeError: l.runner.launchLocalBrowser is not a function

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'browser' of undefined

Which can also be seeing in the print.

Thanks for the attention!

Sencha.jpg

Answers
    Vote Rating

Hi--

You are using a WebDriver-based scenario, which means that in order to run against target browsers, you will need to create a selenium server farm that is configured with the appropriate drivers for the browsers that you'd like test against. For In-Browser scenarios, the approach you're using should work just fine.

Thanks
    Joel

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by joel.watson View Post
    Hi--

You are using a WebDriver-based scenario, which means that in order to run against target browsers, you will need to create a selenium server farm that is configured with the appropriate drivers for the browsers that you'd like test against. For In-Browser scenarios, the approach you're using should work just fine.

Thanks
    Joel
    Hi Joel!

So, I have the following situation now:

In-Browser scenario, I use a local branch URL as Location (Project Settings) - works fine (running the tests simultaneously on a laptop + an iPhone + another device)

In-Browser scenario, I use an URL of the system hosted in our server
    e.g. www.test.com as Location - (when this URL is accessed, it redirects to www.test.com/Login) when I click to run the tests, it won't do anything/execute the steps
    using www.test.com/Login as Location - when I click to run the tests, it will fill out username and pass as expected, but after the Login button is clicked, nothing happens (should redirect to www.test.com/static/index.html)

Any ideas on why this is happening? All my suites worked with the webdriver scenarios, but using In-browser I only seem to be able to make it work with the local branch link, but with local branch link there's no https, no authentication/Login and because of that a lot of things can't be tested etc so really not the ideal for us

Sencha - Sales Team daniel.gallo's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating

For In-Browser scenarios, page navigation isn't supported. As soon as the app does a page navigation, it redirects away from the Sencha Test proxied version of the app, so it loses its connection with Sencha Test.

In order to test this app using an In-Browser scenario, you would need to figure out a way to prevent the page navigation from taking place, for example by having a test version of the app that bypasses the login screen completely, or by specifying the user through some type of Session ID via the URL's query string.
    Daniel Gallo
    Senior Solutions Architect
    Sencha Inc.