Thread: 6.5.0, 6.5.1 Grid store in Window does not get destroyed when the window is destroyed

Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha Premium User
    Vote Rating

Default 6.5.0, 6.5.1 Grid store in Window does not get destroyed when the window is destroyed

I have a store which is passed into a window and the window creates a ChainedStore from it and uses it in the grid. The ChainedStore has a filter function on it. When the Window is destroyed the grid's store (ChainedStore) is not being destroyed as well. This is at best a memory leak but in my case it causes exceptions because of the code in the filter. If the main store has data changed it causes the filter to fire in the chained store even after the window has been closed and destroyed. Here is a fiddle that shows the problem.

https://fiddle.sencha.com/#view/editor&fiddle/26jd

A workaround is in the fiddle as well to manually destroy the grid store when the window is destroyed. This needs to be fixed in the framework though.

Sencha Premium User
    Vote Rating

Would it help if you added "autoDestroy: true," on the chainedStore?

Sencha Premium User
    Vote Rating

autoDestroy does work. Is that the expected behavior? It just seems weird. I don't think we have ever used it before with hundreds of stores so it concerns me a little bit. It also makes me wonder if we need to look at this scenario across our entire system.

Sencha Premium User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by SteveOverton View Post
    autoDestroy does work. Is that the expected behavior? It just seems weird. I don't think we have ever used it before with hundreds of stores so it concerns me a little bit. It also makes me wonder if we need to look at this scenario across our entire system.
    The same store could be used on multiple components. This is way the store is not destroyed by default.

There are some exceptions. A tree store can be used only on a single tree, so there's one to one mapping. Also, I believe a buffered store can be used on a single grid. The same virtual store (which is used in place of the buffered store) can be used on multiple modern grids.

Sencha Premium User
    Vote Rating

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.