Replace the file Multi.js in the previous zip folder for example to work locally
Originally Posted by galdaka
the multigrouping is working fine for the example given by you.
i created multi_new.js to add my own column's. but when i am trying to drag any one of the column i am getting a script error saying 'this.fields' is null or not an object.
can you help me to resolve this issue. i am attaching the multi_new.js that i am using.
how to make the columns editable?
Thanks in Advance
Enhancements to the MultiGrouping Grid
I spent a day looking for this, and what you posted in #14 seems to be the best thing i could find (Unless Animal released his version somewhere).
I have just spent a day hacking this around to do the following things
- work on IE (i use v6)
- to use the column headers, not the dataIndex names in the Group Text and on the toolbar (This was tricky as the dataIndex name was used internally in many places)
- to make sure all groups had "rs" set (not just the final group) so i could see at the higher levels total record counts
- I tried to indent the row so it was nested under groups, so it all still looks indented, this kind of works on FF, but not on IE (i am adding a margin-left on the x-grid3-row and header). I think this also screws up the basic sizing in ExtJS, like auto width etc, so i probably need a better way to do this
- It seemed like getRows() is called many times and is an expensive routine, so i added in a cache for this - i welcome feedback as to whether this is a good idea
- I also created a MultiGroupingPanel, to try and hide all the dropdown/toolbar stuff, i did notice in the process that there are some hardcoded things that probably need to be addressed to make this a true panel, where you can have more that one on the page (for example lines like clone.id = Ext.id('ven'); concern me.
You will see in the attached example huge amounts of firebug debugging, and i will continue to work on this some more, and try and gauge any feed back from others trying to sort this out.
One issue i have, as this is my first exposure to the DD stuff, is that when you drag a column to the toolbar, and in the process the "blue arrows" for moving the column appear they still stay there after the drag event has finished.
My intent is to have a final working version within an week or so, it will be under an LGPL and be part of the JaffaRIA module under the jaffa.sf.net (That is where my team are sticking all our ExtJS extensions and DWR intergration)
Future things i want to do to it are
- make sure it works with the filter plug-in (how can you filter on a grouped column if it has been hidden) should there be a dropdown against the column name in the toolbar too?)
- get it working with some kind of paging store
- integrate the store with DWR (as that is what my project uses to access the DB)
- support some kind of Export to Excel...
- get the groupTpl so that can do totaling of other columns, beyond the simple rs.length counting
- like Animals demo drag and drop to re-order groups would be nice
- full state management intergration so it remembers what you were grouping by last time
Last edited by ut_paule; 7 Aug 2008 at 9:38 AM.
Reason: typo on title!
ut_paule live example here:
Thanks ut_paule. Great work!!!!
P.D: Awesome screenshot in FF2!!!!!!
Originally Posted by ut_paule
clone.id = Ext.id('ven');
clone.id = Ext.id(); This will not show error in FF but in ie it will show as object expected .
thanks for updates,
Great stuff, but column reordering problem
Indeed this looks great and is very promising!
Originally Posted by galdaka
A remaining problem seems to be column reordering after grouping.
Try to shift the Serial column left in the live example. You'll see the group title Part will
change to Serial after that. But this should be a minor issue (I hope)
11 Aug 2008, 11:54 PM
12 Aug 2008, 12:11 AM
Please, ungroup everything and group by ECD field then. If it works right for you and do not creates 6 groupes with the same name - please, give me know.