Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Multiple level of grouping in grids

is there anyway to adjust the grid width because the last column is getting push under the vertical scrollbar since the column gets indented because of the grouping....

hi there, how can i expand all groups including all the sub groups?

Ext User

Default Function like GroupingView's collapseAllGroups() and expandAllGroups()?

I am using the MultiGroupingView to categorize documents of all types via a UCM(universal content manager) and I have a need that after I do my search, I want to expand the resulting groups so that my users do not have to click further to reach their documents. I have not found anything that seems to do this and I am hard pressed to believe I am the only person who has ever tried to use this extension in this way. The regular GroupingView's(which also works on the MultiGroupingView) collapseAllGroups() and expandAllGroups() only work to the first level of depth. Does anyone have any experience with this problem and if so, how did you fix it.

Thanks!

Ext User

Quote Originally Posted by dmichael View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with this problem and if so, how did you fix it.
    Not that functionality in particular, but if the functionality isn't already there, I am sure it wouldn't be very hard to add it. Just look to see how it is done in GroupingView, then override those functions, and loop through all the groups. Maybe look to see what CSS classes the grouping rows have, and get at them that way? If they don't have a common class, you can always add one in.

anyone able to add tooltip to group header (different tooltip text for each header and grouping levels)

Default add tool tip in grouping button toolbar

WP.Joju,

Hey it is very simple to add tooltip in grouping buttons.In multigrouping js file Line no. 304 add tooltip as
    var b = new Ext.Toolbar.Button({text: this.cm.lookup[this.cm.findColumnIndex(t)].header,tooltip:'dileep singhal'});

Enjoy

Smile known issue - Width of grouping lines is not correct

I don't know if this is still interesting for people, but I found a way to solve that annoying lines expanding bug(tested on FF 3.5, IE7 and IE8). Hopefully, noone commited this modifications beforehand (didn't have the time to read the previous posts, unfortunatelly)

All the modifications are made in MultiGroupingView.js:
    - added paddingStyle variable to template
    Code:
    <div class="x-grid-group-title" style="{paddingStyle}">
    - replaced padding of the div that contains the title with padding for the title div, and also with a background position (for the + image)
    Code:
    curGroup = {
        group : rndr ? rndr(grp.value) : grp.value,
        groupName : grp.dataIndex,
        gvalue : grp.value,
        text : grp.header,
        groupId : gid,
        startRow : rowIndex,
        rs : [ r ],
        cls : gcls,
        style : gstyle,
        paddingStyle : 'padding-left:'
                            + (15 + addedPadding)
                            + 'px;background-position:'
                            + addedPadding + 'px;'
    };

what do you mean: annoying lines expanding bug?

w://

Default these lines

So I took the sources from http://jaffa.sourceforge.net/JaffaRI...ultiGroup.html and I saw that there are 2 known issues of this component. One of them concerns 'Width of grouping lines is not correct' (check picture 1).

With my modifications, this doesn't happen anymore(check picture 2).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default whoops

Forgot a line of code

Code:
    var addedPadding = grp.idx * 12;
    curGroup = {
        group : rndr ? rndr(grp.value) : grp.value,
        groupName : grp.dataIndex,
        gvalue : grp.value,
        text : grp.header,
        groupId : gid,
        startRow : rowIndex,
        rs : [ r ],
        cls : gcls,
        style : gstyle,
        paddingStyle : 'padding-left:'
             + (15 + addedPadding)
             + 'px;background-position:'
             + addedPadding + 'px;'
    };

Default ExtJs 3.0 Support?

Does this extension support ExtJs 3.0?

I am new to ExtJs, so maybe I am just retarded. However, when testing various versions (the sourceforge one from svn, emilies, and one other one) they all almost worked, but some major bugs were there.

For example, the tab bar was not displaying. The latest one from sourceforge svn said missing Ext.ux.clone(), the latest one from sourceforge "options" menu in the tab bar (not the demo on the site... That is not running the latest) is not fully implemented.

So, is this a 2.0 extension only? Is there one for 3.0?

Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast