Thread: Sencha knowledge needed please!

Sencha User

Default Sencha knowledge needed please!

Hello!
    I have a critical position open with one of my clients and am hoping to have a better understanding of what exactly it is they need so I can do my best to get them the right candidates. I'm hoping someone can shed some light! We are looking for someone that has Sencha 6 experience, and in my area, I'm hard pressed to find this skill set. In doing some research, I'm seeing JS EXT 6 (6.0.2 as the latest, from what I can tell?) and Sencha CMD 6. Are these related to or are they synonymous for Sencha 6?

We have placed a number of JS developers, so want to make sure I'm not missing something by my lack of knowledge related to Sencha specifically.

Any guidance and insight would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you,
    Shannon

Sencha User

Sencha is the company name. Ext JS and Sencha Cmd are products, often used together. At this time, the most recent version of both is 6.5.1.

Sencha User

Thanks, Gary, I figured that was the case but wanted to confirm what he meant by "Sencha 6"... would you say it's more commonly used in front-end development? My client has indicated they do not want a UI Developer, however, I'm seeing that to be common.

By Sencha 6 they must mean Ext JS 6. Ext JS is a JavaScript framework for building UIs, so they are certainly looking for a UI developer.

Sencha User

Thanks, Gary, that certainly reaffirms what I thought we were looking for! We are having a hard time finding people that have done at least 2 solid projects with the newest versions in our area. I got the hiring manager to consider on site for one month and remote for the remainder of the contract, so hopefully that helps! Thanks again for your reply.