Thread: sending Date object to server via direct form submit

Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Default sending Date object to server via direct form submit

I have a datefield with a specific format defined like so:
    Code:
                  { xtype: 'datefield', format: 'm/d/Y H:i:s', editable: true, fieldLabel: 'Earliest', bind: '{filters.earliest}' },
    As you can see, I am binding the value of datefield to a view model object. The object is like so:
    Code:
        data: {
            filters: {
                area: '',
                name: '',
                earliest: '',
                latest: '',
                user: ''
            }
    Within the controller, whenever I retrieve the value of this datefield, it returns the Date object itself and not it's string representation in the format I want.

This is fine if I submit this Date object via a form WITHOUT direct api. i.e. by manually specifying a URL and method=POST.

But if I submit it via a direct form submit api, it doesn't work because Direct Manager seems to be encoding the Date object weirdly which PHP does not understand.

What do I do?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Specifically speaking, when submitting Date object through normal POST form submit, the POST request shows:
    Code:
    • earliest: 2017-11-14T00:00:00
    • latest: 2017-11-01T00:00:00

• But when submitting the same through 'api: {submit: MyClass.function}' direct api, the POST request shows:
      Code:
      • earliest: Tue Nov 14 2017 00:00:00 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time)
      • latest: Wed Nov 01 2017 00:00:00 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

• PHP can understand the first format (strtotime), but not the second format.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Can someone please respond to this? I really want to use Direct API for my form submissions. But I am having to use manual POSTs because of above issue.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

There is submitFormat config you can use.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

submitFormat defaults to 'format' which I have specified as 'm/d/Y H:i'. In any case, I also tried setting submitFormat to the same thing and that did not do anything different.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

The thing is my datefield is not part of a 'form'. It is sitting inside a toolbar in a grid. It is bound to a variable in the view model. Then I have a separate button which opens up a window containing a form. In this form, when I hit the submit button, I collect the values from viewmodel and send them along. Perhaps that is why 'submitFormat' is not taking effect.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I manually did Ext.Date.format on the viewmodel variable (which is a Date object) before sending it to the form submit call and now it works fine!
    So basically the issue was that my datepicker field was not part of a 'form' panel, so I had to do the formatting myself before submitting.