Thread: Trying to create New Theme - very frustrating!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Default Trying to create New Theme - very frustrating!

his is about Sencha Themer v1.3.0.51:

Just bought ExtReact and am in the process of setting up the Themer and having frustrating issues.
    My environment is: Development/run server on Ubuntu 16.04LTS and edit the code on Windows10 PC with a drive mapped to the server.

Installed the Themer on the PC and when I click on "create theme" all is Ok at 1st: it finds Sencha SDK ExtJS v6.5.2.463 OK, give it a theme name and click on "create theme" the a screen appears that says "Sencha Cmd 6.5.1+ Required"
    I clicked on the link to download Cmd. Version 6.5.2.15 was installed. Restarted Themer and it returns to this same screen each time. I noticed it shows '(detected' I assume because it can't find Cmd.

I verified Cmd runs at the CMD prompt: sencha.exe shows "Sencha Cmd v6.5.2.15". I tried filling in the Cmd Path field in Themer - no luck. Also tried this on a windows 7 PC with the same results.

Decided to install the Themer on the Ubuntu box and use the Ubuntu GUI. That seemed to work: now warning screens and it seemed to be installing the theme after clicking on "create theme" then it blewup with a Cmd Error:

Error: Cmd Error
    at SenchaCmd._closeHandler (/home/neteng/Sencha/Themer/resources/app.asar/node_modules/sencha-cmd/index.js:236:32)
    at Object.onceWrapper (events.js:290:19)
    at emitTwo (events.js:106:13)
    at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:191:7)
    at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:885:16)
    at Socket. (internal/child_process.js:334:11)
    at emitOne (events.js:96:13)
    at Socket.emit (events.js:188:7)
    at Pipe._handle.close [as _onclose] (net.js:501:12)

Has anyone ever successfully used this product on a windows10 PC?

Vote Rating

I am having the same issue on a mac. My company would pay for the Premium license if I can demo Themer with our ExtReact app. Hopefully one of us will get an answer soon!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Think I have figured it out.
    BTW: I also tried installing Themer on a Mac and got the same results as I did on the Windows PCs.

Then, I moved the entire App to the Mac (following the ExtReact getting started page) and wow everything works 1st time including the "npm start" launching of the App! On the Ubuntu, it just blew up until I edited the webpack config file.

So, I guess the bottom line is Themer needs to run on the same host as your App which makes sense, just wish I didn't waste two days figuring this out.

Vote Rating

I am glad to hear you are working. My issue was sencha-cmd was not in my path.