Thread: Checkbox field on form with binding cannot be selected

Sencha Premium User
    Answers

Default Checkbox field on form with binding cannot be selected

Hello,

I have an issue using a checkbox field against an int field with data binding where I cannot select the checkbox if it is unchecked. Here is a fiddle: https://fiddle.sencha.com/#view/editor&fiddle/29na
    If you uncheck the box it cannot be checked, it flashes but does not stay checked. The field value is 1 or 0.

Thank you
    Rudy

Sencha Premium User
    Answers

Hi Animal,

I know you replied to me because I received an email but it's not showing in here yet. Anyway, your updated fiddle is throwing an appyBind error: Cannot bind checked on Ext.form.field.Checkbox - missing a setChecked method.

thanks.

Answers

Can't figure it out on my iPad. Need to get the debugger going. It should definitely be possible. I'll try again tomorrow.

Sencha Premium User
    Answers

I wanted to bump this. I have a lot of values that are defined as int (1 or 0) and displayed as a checkbox on a form. The issue has come up since using a ViewModel with binding. The fiddle shows the behavior of not being able to check the box once unchecked (if previously checked). I am wondering if I have the field configured wrong or is it a possible bug. When the form is submitted the values is coming in as null if it was previously a 1. Any help resolving this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
    Rudy

Sencha Premium User
    Answers

Hi All,

I worked on this a bit more and it is working but I would like confirmation on what I did. Here is the fiddle: https://fiddle.sencha.com/#view/editor&fiddle/29na
    The change is in the model for the integer field by adding a "convert" method. Prior to adding the convert the change event for the integerType field was firing twice when trying to check the field which is why it flashes on then off.

I would also like to make the convert method call a globally defined method, something like shown in the doc: http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/6.5.2/c...method-convert

I was going to define the method in Application.js and then define the model as convert: Designer.app.convertBooleanToInt

Thank you