Thread: Grid rows that async refresh on settimout?

Default Grid rows that async refresh on settimout?

I've got a gridpanel, used for monitoring, with a large-ish record set, where each row is the result of a lookup that (row-by-row) can take up to a few seconds. The grid needs to stay up to date and what I've come up with so far is:

1. Grid populates with required rows, and each row is essentially empty apart from a basic id and name.

2. As part of init function, a request fires off for each record, goes away and starts populating the grid row by row, thusly:

Code:
    statusGrid.store.on('load'
                          ,function(){
                                  statusGrid.store.data.each(function(){ Ext.Ajax.request({
    So far so good. The grid "fills" asynchronously with the results of each row lookup.

What I would now like to achieve is that each row, after it finishes populating, continues to reload every n seconds. This is wher I'm stuck.

I'm not sure if my implementation is correct, this is literally my first foray into extjs.

If you want to periodically refresh the whole grid: http://extjs.com/learn/Ext_FAQ_Grid#...reshing_a_grid

I want each row to wait until it's populated, then wait say 30 seconds, and then refresh just that row. Such that each row refreshes asynchronously.

You will have to write some code which does that.

And I will post that code too! Thanks for volunteering.