Thread: How to get SVG circle component in sencha studio webdriver test

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Default Answered: How to get SVG circle component in sencha studio webdriver test

I generated an ExtJs project using ExtJs 6.5, I used xtype "d3-svg" to generate graph view as below dom tree.
    sencha_svg_circle.PNG
    I write a test try to test the second circle element property

var circle2 = svg.down('circle:nth-child(2)').get('name').and(function(el){
    circle2.expect('cx').toBe('123');
    expect(this.future.data.cx).toBe('123');
    expect(el.data.cx).toContain('123')
    });

But the return expect result is object. How should I validate the circle property?

Expected Object({ animVal: Object({ SVG_LENGTHTYPE_PERCENTAGE: 2, SVG_LENGTHTYPE_PX: 5, SVG_LENGTHTYPE_NUMBER: 1, SVG_LENGTHTYPE_CM: 6, SVG_LENGTHTYPE_PT: 9, SVG_LENGTHTYPE_IN: 8, valueAsString: '213.2', SVG_LENGTHTYPE_MM: 7, SVG_LENGTHTYPE_EXS: 4, convertToSpecifiedUnits: Object({ }), unitType: 1, SVG_LENGTHTYPE_EMS: 3, SVG_LENGTHTYPE_UNKNOWN: 0, valueInSpecifiedUnits: 213.1999969482422, SVG_LENGTHTYPE_PC: 10, value: 213.1999969482422, newValueSpecifiedUnits: Object({ }) }), baseVal: Object({ SVG_LENGTHTYPE_PERCENTAGE: 2, SVG_LENGTHTYPE_PX: 5, SVG_LENGTHTYPE_NUMBER: 1, SVG_LENGTHTYPE_CM: 6, SVG_LENGTHTYPE_PT: 9, SVG_LENGTHTYPE_IN: 8, valueAsString: '213.2', SVG_LENGTHTYPE_MM: 7, SVG_LENGTHTYPE_EXS: 4, convertToSpecifiedUnits: Object({ }), unitType: 1, SVG_LENGTHTYPE_EMS: 3, SVG_LENGTHTYPE_UNKNOWN: 0, valueInSpecifiedUnits: 213.1999969482422, SVG_LENGTHTYPE_PC: 10, value: 213.1999969482422, newValueSpecifiedUnits: Object({ }) }) }) to be 'Male Reproductive System'.
    Expected Object({ animVal: Object({ SVG_LENGTHTYPE_PERCENTAGE: 2, SVG_LENGTHTYPE_PX: 5, SVG_LENGTHTYPE_NUMBER: 1, SVG_LENGTHTYPE_CM: 6, SVG_LENGTHTYPE_PT: 9, SVG_LENGTHTYPE_IN: 8, valueAsString: '0', SVG_LENGTHTYPE_MM: 7, SVG_LENGTHTYPE_EXS: 4, convertToSpecifiedUnits: Object({ }), unitType: 1, SVG_LENGTHTYPE_EMS: 3, SVG_LENGTHTYPE_UNKNOWN: 0, valueInSpecifiedUnits: 0, SVG_LENGTHTYPE_PC: 10, value: 0, newValueSpecifiedUnits: Object({ }) }), baseVal: Object({ SVG_LENGTHTYPE_PERCENTAGE: 2, SVG_LENGTHTYPE_PX: 5, SVG_LENGTHTYPE_NUMBER: 1, SVG_LENGTHTYPE_CM: 6, SVG_LENGTHTYPE_PT: 9, SVG_LENGTHTYPE_IN: 8, valueAsString: '0', SVG_LENGTHTYPE_MM: 7, SVG_LENGTHTYPE_EXS: 4, convertToSpecifiedUnits: Object({ }), unitType: 1, SVG_LENGTHTYPE_EMS: 3, SVG_LENGTHTYPE_UNKNOWN: 0, valueInSpecifiedUnits: 0, SVG_LENGTHTYPE_PC: 10, value: 0, newValueSpecifiedUnits: Object({ }) }) }) to be '123'.

2. When retrieving the attribute on the SVG element, it's returning an instance of SVGAnimatedLength, containing two objects - "animVal" and "baseVal".

Each of those objects contains the value you're looking for.

For example, if I wanted to check the radius of a circle ("r"), I would get "r", and then check "r.baseVal.value":

Code:
    ST.element('your-locator-here')
        .get('r')
        .and(function() {
            expect(this.future.data.r.baseVal.value).toBeCloseTo(22.42);
        });

Sencha - Sales Team daniel.gallo's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating

When retrieving the attribute on the SVG element, it's returning an instance of SVGAnimatedLength, containing two objects - "animVal" and "baseVal".

Each of those objects contains the value you're looking for.

For example, if I wanted to check the radius of a circle ("r"), I would get "r", and then check "r.baseVal.value":

Code:
    ST.element('your-locator-here')
        .get('r')
        .and(function() {
            expect(this.future.data.r.baseVal.value).toBeCloseTo(22.42);
        });
    Daniel Gallo
    Senior Solutions Architect
    Sencha Inc.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

It works. Thanks a lot

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

But here is another issue, I can get circle element by ST.element('>>svg circle:first-child') but I cannot get text element
    by ST.element('>>svg text:first-child') and they are at the same level, do you know why?
    Below is the basic dom structure:
    <svg>
    <g>
    <g>
    <circle cx="10" cy="10" r="5" name="circle1"></circle>
    <circle cx="60" cy="60" r="5" name="circle2"></circle>
    <circle cx="90" cy="90" r="5" name="circle3"></circle>
    <text x="10" y="10">circle1</text>
    <text x="60" y="60">circle2</text>
    <text x="90" y="90">circle3</text>
    </g>
    </g>
    </svg>

Answers
    Vote Rating

The "first-child" only references the first child of the parent, which in this instance would be the first circle.

To reference one of the text nodes, try using "nth-child" instead, e.g.

Code:
    '>>svg text:nth-child(4)'
    Daniel Gallo
    Sencha Inc.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Hi Daniel,

I tried ST.element('>>svg text:nth-child(4)') and the result is "Timeout waiting for target (>>svg text:nth-child(4)) to be available for ST.future.Element"

Answers
    Vote Rating

I tried the locator against a simple page containing your sample code snippet above (the one with 3 circles and 3 text nodes), and that locator works for me. If it's failing, it's most likely because the markup that's being rendered differs slightly from the above sample.
    Daniel Gallo
    Sencha Inc.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Thanks a lot, Dan, I will have another try.