Thread: Remote Packages

Default Remote Packages

Hi all, I'm currently looking into splitting an application into multiple independently managed packages which will be dynamically loaded, and I'm wondering, when a new version of a package is released, does this require a rebuild of the main project (assuming the application is using the latest version of each package by not locking to specific version numbers for example)? If so, then this means that both the package and the main app itself have to be redeployed (the package being built and placed in the remote repository of course), correct?

Ideally I'd like to be able to deploy a new version of a package to a remote package repository and leave the main app untouched, but have it dynamically load the updated package when required. Is this possible?

I'd appreciate any input in this regard - many thanks.

Niall.

Sencha User
    Answers

After building, one package's js and css files are placed inside the application's resources directory.
    Remote packages means packages on remote repository, they are something like npm packages or NuGet packages, so the application need to be rebuilded

Quote Originally Posted by lovelyhibabe View Post
    After building, one package's js and css files are placed inside the application's resources directory.
    Remote packages means packages on remote repository, they are something like npm packages or NuGet packages, so the application need to be rebuilded
    Thanks, yeah that makes sense, I can understand having to rebuild the project in that scenario. But what about when you dynamically/lazy load packages on the fly to reduce the initial app payload as described here?

Thanks in advance.

Sencha User
    Answers

It's the build output of packages that were loaded dynamiclly

Quote Originally Posted by lovelyhibabe View Post
    It's the build output of packages that were loaded dynamiclly
    Yes, so in that scenario, why would the main app need to be recompiled if it's lazily fetching the build output of those packages when required?

Sencha User
    Answers

app.json `uses` (not requires) packages that need to be loaded dynamiclly, after building the application, the output of packages will be placed inside the `build/production/YourApp/resources/`