Thread: Empty File Name (only .js?_dc=20180112155627) - 404 Error

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Default Empty File Name (only .js?_dc=20180112155627) - 404 Error

Hello there. I'm developing a weather panel with geolocation but it gives this error during production release. Somehow on localhost it works all fine. Not any error but during process release version with Jenkins, it gives this error below;

Code:
    GET http://www.myapp/.js?_dc=20180112155627 404 (Not Found)
    fetch @ (index):89
    fetch @ (index):99
    loadSync @ (index):103
    load @ (index):103
    loadEntries @ (index):95
    processRequest @ (index):85
    loadSync @ (index):85
    load @ (index):85
    As environment we are using Jenkins during release version and this is Jenkins' commands;
    Code:
    Started by GitLab push by nengin
    + sencha app build classic
    As you will notice building the app with classic toolkit. So far I know that Ext.util.Geolocation is belong to modern toolkit so I've used ExtJS-GeoLocation which is a library for classic toolkit. Normally I'm not doing any request for Ext.util.Geolocation. Here is the function which takes current geolocation, you will notice that Ext.util.Geolocation required line is commented;

Code:
    getGeolocation : function( refresh ) {
        var className = '',
            geo;
        if (Ext.isClassic) {
            className = 'OWeb.utils.OoGeolocation';
        }
        // else if (Ext.isModern) {
        //     className = 'Ext.util.Geolocation';
        // }
    if (className) {
            geo = Ext.create(className, {
                autoUpdate: false,
                listeners: {
                    locationupdate: function (geo) {
                        //debugger;
    What could be reason for empty file name on release mod?
    Any idea will be pleasure! Thanks a lot.

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating

1. Hmm, just a question, can you definitely say that the missing file (.js) comes from the geolocation stuff?
    2. Seems like the project you are referencing is an app. Is it also present as package? Could make things a little bit more easier and better reusable.

Sencha - Sustaining Engineer tristan.lee's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating

You are likely missing a required class. Do a testing build so the code is not minified and you should see the class that needs to be required.
    Tristan Lee
    Sencha Inc - Sustaining Engineer

Having an issue? Help us help you - be detailed; provide some code; demonstrate with a fiddle (fiddle.sencha.com)

Embed your fiddle in your post: [FIDDLE]id[/FIDDLE]

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by aicgroup-dev View Post
    1. Hmm, just a question, can you definitely say that the missing file (.js) comes from the geolocation stuff?
    2. Seems like the project you are referencing is an app. Is it also present as package? Could make things a little bit more easier and better reusable.
    Dear aic, firstly perhabs that I'm still a newbie for ExtJS, its getting hard to say "that's the problem! exactly", just I know that when I disable/comment the code line of weather-panel, then error is gone.
    Secondly during release build as you know sencha cmd compile whole classes to app.js. I've tried to debug on this way but it did not clarify the problem =( Below you may see a debug screen-shot.

https://prnt.sc/hzgz4q

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by tristan.lee View Post
    You are likely missing a required class. Do a testing build so the code is not minified and you should see the class that needs to be required.
    Dear tristan. I'll try to do a test building as soon as possible. Till that time if that will be any clue; I just posted a screenshot image above. When I've debug the app it gives error ERR_CONTENT_LENGTH_MISMATCH and keep creates files with this name VM296, VM301 etc....

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

I can not reply to thread!! because of post keeps denied through posts are limited by number of URLs error. It includes normal text and wrapped CODE tag on response of sencha app build testing!

Dear @tristan.lee because of couldn't post here, I've created this reply text for your mention @ http://text-share.com/view/b3f33b02

Answers
    Vote Rating

Since you were only using the classic toolkit, go into app.json and scroll to the bottom where the builds section is and comment out everything for the modern build.
    Tristan Lee

Having an issue? Help us help you - be detailed; provide some code; demonstrate with a fiddle (fiddle.sencha.com)

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Dear tristan. Unfortunately this is not working as well =(

I've commented whole modern toolkit related under app.json and then ran sencha app build testing command. It has generated a new build number under build-properties file.
    As well I've recognised that weather-panel and related folder/files located under app folder and I've moved them to under classic folder.

But whole problem is continue! I can display weather-panel on localhost but it continues to give empty-file name error on release mod. And when I'm comment weatherview on dashboard class then it works for both localhost and release mod.

Probably I've some wrong code lines related with weather panel or this error is about server-side environment.
    Could you please examine those snippets? if anything being the reason of empty-file name error?

I couldn't paste code snippets because of spam-catcher's error. So here it is @ http://text-share.com/view/b149e7bb

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Hello dear Friends. Any suggestion on this topic?

Answers
    Vote Rating

So since you were able to build the testing version, have you tried running the testing build in your browser? This should tell you what files it is trying to load, but can't find.
    Tristan Lee