Thread: Mr. Popov (Idera) can you give your customers some information please?

Sencha Premium User jvandemerwe's Avatar
    Vote Rating

Default Mr. Popov (Idera) can you give your customers some information please?

Dear Mr. Popov,

Today I am very much involved sorting out contributions on this forum regarding the takeover from Idera and the state of Sencha Inc. and their products.
    It got me to search for information on Google and LinkedIn. It didn't take me much time to find out that quite some Sencha Inc. technical aces have jobs at other companies since september last year. What is exactly the reason that in such a short time a technical sell-out of skilled Sencha product technicians went on?

Also I read rumours that at the moment the available skilled technical capacity at Sencha is concerningly low. Don Griffin (a most respected (also-former) Sencha employee) states on LinkedIn that he wonders if Ext JS 6.6 will ever be released. Wow, that is quite a statement. One that worries me a lot.

As a customer I'd like to know what I can expect from Idera/Sencha, for the negative publicity is really blowing in my face. And that with a feeling of standing completely in the dark. Most of my turnover comes from Ext JS development and I can't afford to lose it. I need information before any of my customers is asking me what is going on and consider to move to something else.

Please take our troubles away and show that the takeover was really exciting news when it was presented at the time.
    Professional Sencha development since 2007.

Sencha Premium User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by jvandemerwe View Post
    What is exactly the reason that in such a short time a technical sell-out of skilled Sencha product technicians went on?
    Someone must have told IDERA that JavaScript programming is easy and they can save a lot of money if they outsource the entire Sencha dev staff.

They didn't even want to wait with the layoffs until Ext JS 6.6 was finished, and the release was probably 75% done at that time. Yep, the entire Sencha tech team was laid off in a hurry close to the end of a major release.
    Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.

—Oscar Wilde

Sencha Premium User jvandemerwe's Avatar
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by LesJ View Post
    Yep, the entire Sencha tech team was laid off in a hurry close to the end of a major release.
    @LesJ, sorry that I was too harsh on you on another thread in this forum addressing the same subject, searching some LinkedIn profiles showed you were right.
    Professional Sencha development since 2007.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

I doubt Atanas Popov reads the forums, but he did solicit feedback on one of the blog posts. I suspect he'd point to the roadmap and tell you everything is going to be great but I think it's worth the time to contact him directly anyway.

Please share your product feedback with us on the Sencha forum, or you can contact Atanas directly at atanas.popov@embarcadero.com.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

You can even send him a message on this forum apopov (last activity 25 Aug 2017),