Thread: EXTJS 6.5.3 app seems to be downloading all classes (10+MB) instead of just used ones

Sencha Premium Member

Default EXTJS 6.5.3 app seems to be downloading all classes (10+MB) instead of just used ones

This is probably due to something I'm doing wrong, but I'm running sencha app build production (have tried with and without production), but it doesn't seem to generate all-classes.js. My "ext" directory within my application's directory contains 140MB of files, and my ${ext.dir} directory contains 20MB. I don't see any all-classes.js when searching any of the directories within my application. When I run my application in the browser I see it downloading all sorts of JS files that I'm not using, like SegmentedButton.js etc. Am I doing something wrong, or how do I get it to just download the classes required to run my app?

The bundle gets created for testing and production builds. You will find them at /build/production/YourProject/classic/app.js and /build/testing/YourProject/classic/app.js

Take a look at app.json were you have configured to bundle all in that file:

Code:
        "js": [
            {
                "path": "app.js",
                "bundle": true
            }
        ],

Sencha Premium Member

Yes I do see that config in app.json, but I'm not sure I understand what you're saying? Are you saying bundle should be false to cause CMD to only include the required files, or is there an alternative to production/testing builds where only the required files will be included?

Quote Originally Posted by a344254 View Post
    Yes I do see that config in app.json, but I'm not sure I understand what you're saying? Are you saying bundle should be false to cause CMD to only include the required files, or is there an alternative to production/testing builds where only the required files will be included?
    Sorry for my bad explanation :S
    "bundle" must be true.

I add here a link to your other post with the same topic: https://www.sencha.com/forum/showthr...not-using-them