Thread: window.open

Red face

I want to load a html page use ExtJS UI like "window.open('url','_blank','')" ,
    help me please !

Thanks!

-------------------

I want to load a html page use ExtJS UI like "window.open('url','_blank','')" ,
    help me please !

Thanks!
    Last edited by mystix; 11 Sep 2008 at 7:20 PM. Reason: merged duplicate posts

Ext JS Premium Member

Your post demonstrates that you already know how to do this:

window.open

So what do you want help with?

I think what the OP means is that he wants to open a standard JS pop-up window with a new URL in it.

To do this, you need to create a new Ext.Window, but have the content of that set as an iframe. The part that you have to get to understand (which can be a bit hard for new users) is that a window built using Ext isn't a separate window, it's just a HTML fragment on the browser. That's why it can't be dragged around outside of the browser, and that's also why you can't just open another URL inside it.

There's a couple of choices here. The first is to set up your window something like...
    Code:
    var win = new Ext.Window ({
      height: 400, 
      width: 400, 
      title: 'External url', 
      html: '<iframe src="http://www.url.com/page.htm"></iframe>'
    });
    The second way is to look through the extensions forum as there is a pretty good iframe handler class in there that might suit your needs as well.
    'Once again, fortune vomits on my eiderdown'
    - Edmund Blackadder

Ext User

Quote Originally Posted by catacaustic View Post
    The second way is to look through the extensions forum as there is a pretty good iframe handler class in there that might suit your needs as well.
    ...one of which is called MIF Managed IFrames.