Thread: [ERR] javax/xml/bind/DatatypeConverter

Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha Premium User

Exclamation [ERR] javax/xml/bind/DatatypeConverter

I am unable to do a build of an app in Sencha Architect today (or even via the command-line myself). Here's the Cmd Output from Architect:

Code:
    [INF] Processing Build Descriptor : default (development environment)
    Exception in thread "Thread-19" com.sencha.exceptions.BasicException: com.sencha.exceptions.BasicException: javax/xml/bind/DatatypeConverter
    at com.sencha.tools.server.service.tasks.DispatchTask.execute(DispatchTask.java:55)
    at com.sencha.tools.server.service.tasks.BaseServiceTask$1.run(BaseServiceTask.java:42)
    at com.sencha.util.ThreadUtil$1.run(ThreadUtil.java:65)
    at com.sencha.util.ThreadUtil$2.run(ThreadUtil.java:162)
    at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Caused by: com.sencha.exceptions.BasicException: javax/xml/bind/DatatypeConverter
    at com.sencha.exceptions.BasicException.wrap(BasicException.java:54)
    at com.sencha.exceptions.BasicException.stealthify(BasicException.java:43)
    at com.sencha.exceptions.BasicException.raise(BasicException.java:35)
    at com.sencha.cli.Command.dispatch(Command.java:62)
    at com.sencha.command.BasePluginCommands$BasePluginCommand.dispatch(BasePluginCommands.java:289)
    at com.sencha.cli.Commands.dispatch(Commands.java:64)
    at com.sencha.cli.Commands.dispatch(Commands.java:64)
    at com.sencha.command.Sencha.dispatch(Sencha.java:80)
    at com.sencha.cli.AbstractCommand.dispatch(AbstractCommand.java:124)
    at com.sencha.tools.server.service.tasks.DispatchTask.execute(DispatchTask.java:52)
    ... 4 more
    Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/bind/DatatypeConverter
    at com.sencha.util.StringUtil.fromBase64(StringUtil.java:203)
    at com.sencha.security.KeyData.getPublicKey(KeyData.java:34)
    at com.sencha.security.Certificate.(Certificate.java:338)
    at com.sencha.security.Certificate.load(Certificate.java:331)
    at com.sencha.security.CertificateRepoStore$1.(CertificateRepoStore.java:87)
    at com.sencha.security.CertificateRepoStore.getByName(CertificateRepoStore.java:86)
    at com.sencha.security.CertificateMultiStore.getByName(CertificateMultiStore.java:65)
    at com.sencha.tools.pkg.LocalRepository.loadConfig(LocalRepository.java:1004)
    at com.sencha.tools.pkg.LocalRepository.(LocalRepository.java:88)
    at com.sencha.command.environment.WorkspaceRepository.getLocalRepository(WorkspaceRepository.java:260)
    at com.sencha.command.environment.WorkspaceRepository.getLocalRepository(WorkspaceRepository.java:277)
    at com.sencha.command.environment.WorkspaceRepository.getCatalog(WorkspaceRepository.java:240)
    at com.sencha.command.environment.PackageDependency.getRequires(PackageDependency.java:246)
    at com.sencha.command.environment.PackageDependencies.load(PackageDependencies.java:38)
    at com.sencha.command.environment.PackageDependencies.(PackageDependencies.java:33)
    at com.sencha.command.environment.AppOrPackageEnvironment.getPackageDependencies(AppOrPackageEnvironment.java:621)
    at com.sencha.command.environment.AppOrPackageEnvironment.getPackageDependency(AppOrPackageEnvironment.java:629)
    at com.sencha.command.environment.AppOrPackageEnvironment.getUsedPackages(AppOrPackageEnvironment.java:189)
    at com.sencha.command.environment.AppOrPackageEnvironment.getUsedPackages(AppOrPackageEnvironment.java:147)
    at com.sencha.command.environment.AppOrPackageEnvironment.getUsedPackageNames(AppOrPackageEnvironment.java:151)
    at com.sencha.command.app.AppCommands$BuildCommand.execute(AppCommands.java:461)
    at com.sencha.command.app.AppCommands$WatchCommand.execute(AppCommands.java:909)
    at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at com.sencha.util.MethodInvoker$Arguments.invoke(MethodInvoker.java:175)
    at com.sencha.cli.Command.dispatch(Command.java:43)
    ... 10 more
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.xml.bind.DatatypeConverter
    at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    ... 38 more
    [LOG] Fashion build starting for C:\Users\mfearby\AppData\Local\Temp\SenchaArchitectCompile\jra2ed13\data.scss
    [LOG] Fashion build complete for C:\Users\mfearby\AppData\Local\Temp\SenchaArchitectCompile\jra2ed13\data.scss
    [LOG] Fashion build completed in 0.161 sec.
    WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
    WARNING: Illegal reflective access by com.sencha.util.ProcessUtil (file:/C:/Users/mfearby/bin/Sencha/Architect/Cmd/6.5.3.6/sencha.jar) to field java.lang.ProcessImpl.handle
    WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of com.sencha.util.ProcessUtil
    WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
    WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
    The version of my Sencha Cmd in my system path is slightly older (which I'll have to fix) but if I run the same version of Cmd as Architect (but from a Command Prompt), this is what I get:

Code:
    C:\PROJECTS\GuumaLi\trunk\SenchaArchitect>C:\Users\mfearby\bin\Sencha\Architect\Cmd\6.5.3.6\sencha app build
    Wat!
    configFile: C:\Users\mfearby\bin\Sencha\Architect\Cmd\6.5.3.6\sencha.cfg
    Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xmx1024m
    Sencha Cmd v6.5.3.6
    [INF] Processing Build Descriptor : default (production environment)
    [ERR] javax/xml/bind/DatatypeConverter
    My Architect vesion:

Sencha Architect

Version: 4.2.3.371
    Channel: 4.2-stable
    Platform: 1.6.2.49 - win32 x64
    Renderer: 56.0.2924.87
    Cmd: 6.5.3.6
    Framework: Ext JS 6.2.x Classic

Sencha Premium User

I fixed my system PATH so that 6.5.3.6 is the version of Cmd executed in my Command Prompt, rebooted, and get the same error (same again in Architect itself, too)

Sencha Premium Member

Maybe you have updated to Java 9? The error seems similar to:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...exception-in-j

Sencha Premium User

Actually, the problem was caused by my installing Java 10. Since I uninstalled that and went back to 8 everything is fine. I'll have to limit my learning of Java to version 8 for now and then move to 9/10 later.