Thread: Having issues selecting an option from a different style drop-down box

Answers
    Vote Rating

Default Answered: Having issues selecting an option from a different style drop-down box

With a normal drop-down box, I can use ST.component(blah blah).expand().down('//li[text()="Local"]').cllick() and get the element Local to be selected and clicked.
    normal drop-down.png

But, with this type of a drop-down, chrome is happy with ST.component(blah blah 2).expand().down('//*[text()="Today"]').click(), but FireFox is not clicking on this same element
    different style drop down.png

Anyone have an idea what this type of drop-down is since it is not an "li" type of item?

2. The locator is correct, however there appears to be some kind of timing issue in Firefox in combination with the custom template being used - if the "Today" text isn't wrapped in any element, e.g. remove the "span" that wraps "Today", the "click" action works fine. This will require further examination.

In the meantime, the example below should work across all browsers, and uses the index of the ComboBox item to select:

Code:
    ST.comboBox('YourCombobox')
        .expand()
        .element('YourCombobox boundlist => [data-recordindex="0"]')
        .click();
    Regarding the Firefox version, you would need to use Firefox 46 or lower, along with Selenium 2.5.x, for the reasons described in this post.

Answers
    Vote Rating

ok, looking into this further, the only element that is unique to the second version of the drop-down box above is an attribute of data-boundview. Is there a working way that sencha test can use this attribute to touch the elements of the drop down?

Sencha - Sales Team daniel.gallo's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Which version of Firefox are you using? Also, how do you have it configured with Sencha Test - do you have your own Standalone Selenium Server defined? If so, which version of Selenium Server?

Thanks.
    Daniel Gallo
    Senior Solutions Architect
    Sencha Inc.

Answers
    Vote Rating

For FireFox, I have backed it down to version 47. For the SauceLabs part, i have that backed down to 47 as well. The Standalone Selenium Server i have is the 2.53.1 version that we were able to get running on my system a month or so ago.
    Chrome 65 is what i'm using with the changes made by your post about fixing the incompatibilities with the chromedriver that comes with ST 2.1.2.2. Chrome is accepting the '//*[text()="blah"]' string for selecting these items that are not part of a li structure.

Answers
    Vote Rating

One of the developers here tried using the search string that works in chrome in his version of Firefox (latest) and this was successful.

Is there a way to update the standalone like the chromedriver is being updated currently?

Sencha - Sales Team daniel.gallo's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating

The locator is correct, however there appears to be some kind of timing issue in Firefox in combination with the custom template being used - if the "Today" text isn't wrapped in any element, e.g. remove the "span" that wraps "Today", the "click" action works fine. This will require further examination.

In the meantime, the example below should work across all browsers, and uses the index of the ComboBox item to select:

Code:
    ST.comboBox('YourCombobox')
        .expand()
        .element('YourCombobox boundlist => [data-recordindex="0"]')
        .click();
    Regarding the Firefox version, you would need to use Firefox 46 or lower, along with Selenium 2.5.x, for the reasons described in this post.
    Daniel Gallo
    Senior Solutions Architect
    Sencha Inc.

Answers
    Vote Rating

Thank you.

When I used the "#name" of the combobox they made for this object, this worked beautifully.