Thread: Forum Search Broken?

Sencha Premium User

Default Forum Search Broken?

No matter what I search for, I'm getting "no results found"... Not sure where to report this to, so reporting it here, as it appears the forum search is on vacation...

Thanks!

Sencha User

Happening for me as well.

Sencha Premium User mitchellsimoens's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bodyboarder20 View Post
    as it appears the forum search is on vacation...
    Happens when you buy a company and let go people and make it so the rest don't want to work for you... people who know things are no longer around...
    Mitchell Simoens @LikelyMitch

Check out my GitHub:
    https://github.com/mitchellsimoens

Posts are my own, not any current, past or future employer's.

Ext JS Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    Happens when you buy a company and let go people and make it so the rest don't want to work for you... people who know things are no longer around...
    @mitchellsimoens

Mitch -

A colleague and I worked on this response. We've agreed that my account will be used to post in order that only one of ours be the one to receive any personal responses from you. My colleague will, however, remain anonymous.

On behalf of the ExtJS/Sencha/Idera user and development community, we feel it fair to thank you for your many contributions to the platforms and projects over the years. We have both been long time, off-and-on users of YUI/ExtJS/Sencha products and we have always be fans. However, despite the business decisions that have recently been made, the thing that will inevitably kill this community are your repeated, personal responses expressing your distaste for Idera and the new direction. Your attacks are eroding much of what you helped to build... far more than the questionable choices Idera has made.

Solely due to your more recent responses to ours (and others') posts, my colleague and I question ourselves, now, each time we feel we may want to go to the community for assistance. We find ourselves weighing the option of posting for help and getting a bitter, unhelpful reponse or shying away from our community and toiling to figure out the problem on our own (far and beyond what should be necessary). Responses such as your more recent ones are are unproductive at best and, quite honestly, only hurt your reputation and that of Sencha/Idera. Whether or not you are still a fan, many are or must be out of necessity.

We find it difficult to understand that you would wish to erode or destroy the incredible work you've done over the years simply because of your desire to foster a sense of personal hate or discontent. Rather, we'd much prefer to remember, in a positive light, the outstanding work that you, Mark, Animal, etc. have done instead of wondering, "Wow... what happened to this legend of the community? How sad that it's gotten to this point..." There is no sense in personally trying to destroy a product or business purely with non-technical bullsh** such as that which we find in your more recent responses to our posts.

Please, Mitch... move on with Modus (another great company with really helpful articles) and participate in this community only when you're ready to once again be collaborative and productive.

Thank you.

@all

Please feel free to continue the discussion on this thread and vote as you see fit. My colleague nor I, however, will generate any responses within this thread as our thoughts have been clearly stated and there is no need to further hash anything out.

I can understand and you may not be seeing my other contributions (including bug fix overrides and custom components). I'm not a disgruntled ex-employee, in fact I wasn't part of the lot that was fired and left of my own accord due to my own principles. Replies like the one I made on this post is negative of Idera but it also is holding them accountable for their decisions. So yes, I have been very critical of Idera because Ext JS was getting back be on track to be great (it took a lot to fix the Ext JS 4 woes) and they bought Sencha for this product so they made their bed and I'm just reminding them their decisions are reversing any gains. This is also to protect current, past and future clients that I'm working on Ext JS apps with. If a client wants to use Ext JS, ok, I'll certainly help but once into a project you may be stuck with it and it's the community that has to stand up to tell the company what's important so just moving on is not an option. There are lots of people's livelihoods that are part of my inner circle that rely on this and I want Idera to correct their course. I already tried to reason with them but their business model is causing huge issues with Ext JS both internally and externally so tough love is the next attempt.

Check out my GitHub:

Ext JS Premium Member

Idera/Sencha should step up, if they feel that their reputation is affected by this, and prove that Mitchell is wrong.
    Sadly I haven't seen much activity and support from their team which, in my opinion, is the main reason why community keeps dying.

I think that while it might seem a little bit rough, Mitchell's criticism is/should be helpful to Idera/Sencha.

And let's face it, when so much passion is involved, things like this are inevitable.
    We loved his passion and "benefited" from it over the years, so asking him to switch it off now it's at least unfair. (and let's not forget he's not a robot. )

It's Idera's responsibility to smooth things up by putting things in order, offer a proper support and in the end hopefully revive the community.

Regards,
    Danny

I understand what people think when I’m saying things, in my history working these forums comments like mine are not unlike the ranting I received so I do feel a little double standard because I’m an ex-employee but it’s also because you don’t know my attempts to prevent stuff like this. There were many of us that actively tried to do knowledge transfer before we left and either only got 15 minutes or in my case a flat out denial. They felt like they could pay someone $5/hr to figure out things so yea, when things I was responsible for go down or not implemented correctly, I’m gonna kind of throw it back in their face. Not because I want them to fail but I want them to realize how they operate and the mistakes, in my eyes, they have made.

Here’s a story from earlier this year. I had a client who wanted to start using Sencha Test. Ok so they bought it and I started trying to use it and got 2.1 to work but I wanted to use 2.2 for some new features and was ok with using a non-GA until it became GA. I ran into an issue right away that pretty much made 2.2 unusable, stc (the cli tool) could not run a build for me which made it completely unusable. So I start to debug stc, not just look at documentation and try to workaround it, I mean look at the source to find the bug and report it back to Idera but the source is minified and obfuscated of course. So working with one of my old colleagues I offered to help debug the issue but asked if I could get one file that would not be minified and he was told not to provide it to me. Get this, they have an ex-employee very capable of fixing the issue and was offered that help for free. So what did I do? I debugged the issue using minified and obfuscated code, which is not easy at all, found the bug and let them know where the bug was and how to fix it. 2.2 GA has this bug fixed now.

Another situation, Ext JS 6.5.3 was released and added to Fiddle except it wasn’t done properly. There were two issues and I reached out to let them know what’s going on and offered to help them fix it. It’s database things so I know they aren’t going to give me the credentials but I offered to walk someone through it and I first told them how to fix the blocker issue and the other one when they wanted it I was available. The blocker issue was fixed but they never cared to follow up about the other one and it’s still an issue to this day, you cannot use packages in fiddle with 6.5.3 like you can with 6.5.2 including ExtReact which is now broken for that product.

So it’s not because I’m some disgruntled ex-employee that wants to throw dirt in their face. It’s because even now, they are still being arrogant toward me. I assume ya because I’ve been critical and they don’t like me but idk. Yet here I am, still helping on the forum with questions and bugs and tweeting out some new component I built that I think others would want and honestly still helping their paying customers deal with decisions they are making (like deprioritiIng modern to go back to classic).

Check out my GitHub:

Sencha Premium User

Quote Originally Posted by WebProgrammer View Post
    Idera/Sencha should step up
    Sencha/Idera should step up in many ways. Popularity of Ext JS has been declining for the past several years and Sencha is not doing much to reverse this trend.