Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: docs.sencha.com down?

You found a bug! We've classified it as IHD-2829 . We encourage you to continue the discussion and to find an acceptable workaround while we work on a permanent fix.
    Sencha User
    Answers

Ha! That's ridiculous. The docs are broken because no one is left that knows how to release products.

Sencha Premium User mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Jaraj View Post
    The extremely high level of interest in 6.6 took down our documentation servers.  We are aware of the issue and have been actively working it all morning.  We hope to have it fixed within the next hour.  We will provide updates as they become available.

Regards,
    Joe

Sencha Support
    Oh man that's funny. I did try not to be a jerk to Sencha but what a ridiculous response. Knowing the architecture of the servers, downloads of Ext JS even from the Support Portal and Fiddle do not touch the API Docs at all.

High level of interest? AWS and ElasticBeanstalk with min of 2 instances and max of 4 is more than capable to load some static pages hosted by Apache.

So this is a flat out lie.
    Mitchell Simoens @LikelyMitch
    Modus Create, Senior Fullstack Engineer

Check out my GitHub:
    https://github.com/mitchellsimoens

Sencha Premium User

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    Oh man that's funny. I did try not to be a jerk to Sencha but what a ridiculous response. Knowing the architecture of the servers, downloads of Ext JS even from the Support Portal and Fiddle do not touch the API Docs at all.

High level of interest? AWS and ElasticBeanstalk with min of 2 instances and max of 4 is more than capable to load some static pages hosted by Apache.

So this is a flat out lie.
    I was just about to post a similar reply. I do not, nor does anybody else in the world, appreciate these half-baked, dishonest explanations. We're paying customers. We're the businesses and developers that give your product any value.

The least you could do is spend a little extra time explaining what the problem is, what you're doing to solve it, and what you're doing to prevent it from happening again.

Transparency is one thing, but dishonesty is another. I seriously hope not to experience this kind of support again in the future.

Sencha Premium User

Since this thread is getting such high visibility...

The Sencha documentation website has been steadily degrading in quality with each new ExtJS release.

Can we expect any kind of improvement or overhaul to the look and feel, search bar, and member list?

Sencha Sr Product Manager
    Answers

Understandably I know this is frustrating to see the docs go down for us too. We had a huge demand come in on our docs instances come in because of the release. It was larger than we expected. And the rsync copy to the new instances put everything at it heels.

Although we know it's easy to spin up new instances but the rsyncing was to slow and caused us some issues on our staging service where we test our docs. So to solve this we moved the docs content to the S3, which is better at hosting static content. So at the end of the day, this solved our huge demand for our services that are coming in. We do care greatly about how well we serve our customers at Idera with the Sencha products and are pushing harder to do better. Now that we have the resources on s3 we don't have to worry about single beanstalk instances going down.

Feel free to ping me with any problems on the docs directly anytime as I'll see to it they get fixed asap. We want to make it better and are constantly looking for ways to improve our systems.

Thanks for your feedback and concern on the docs going down, we appreciate that you care.

Thanks,
    Brandon Donnelson
    Sencha Product Architect

Answers

Saying that S3 is better at hosting static pages is incorrect. It’s easier but no better. rsync has benefits and that’s why it was chosen. What was there had load balancing and just like S3 of course you can put CloudFront in front of it. So now copying to S3, you cannot do simple updates like with rsync only deploying what needs to be deployed.

Check out my GitHub:

Answers

I don't want to split hairs here. Although answer your other question about syncing to a bucket, you can sync incrementally all the same to an s3 bucket. Using a call like 'aws sync ./docs s3://bucket' will do the job. Point is the docs are up with out problems now.

Answers

Just tried that command, invalid but that’s because you forgot the s3 part so you can do a rsync like command, great. The only thing s3 affords you is you don’t have to worry about the infrastructure behind it which sounds good for you now without IT people.

Check out my GitHub:

Answers

It looks like your now trolling the issue, please stop, we've got the docs fixed.

Answers

Not trolling, making sure you’re honest.

Check out my GitHub:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast