Thread: Facing issue with Treemenu implementation with ExtJS 6.5.3

Sencha Premium Member

Default Facing issue with Treemenu implementation with ExtJS 6.5.3

Hi All,

I have downloaded ExtJS 6.5.3 evaluation package and using it to evaluate migration in my project.

I tried migrating from ExtJS 4.2 to the latest version Ext 6.5.3. Due to nature of my existing project, currently I cannot use Snecha Cmd to build my application. I'm using a traditional way of including the required JS and CSS files in my project and running the application. I have successfully migrated all my codebase but getting the below exceptions with the treemenu implementation.

I have created a sencha fiddle to reproduce the issue.

Fiddle :
    https://fiddle.sencha.com/#view/editor&fiddle/2iac

I tried debugging further into extjs-debug.js, but couldn't get any clue about these exceptions.

ExtJS_6.5.3_Exception.PNG

Further, this treemenu exception also impacts the ExtJS MessageBox implementation in my project. If I keep the treemenu and try using the ExtJS MessageBox to dispay some alert, it works but its inner HTML is impacted by treemenu as a result it appears like a small dot.

If I comment out my tree-menu implementation, Ext MessageBox works perfectly fine.

Request you all to help me with this issue!

Please Note: It would be great if I can find a solution that doesn't require me to change my Model.

Thanks,

Dhiraj

Answers

can you reproduce the issue in http://fiddle.sencha.com/ ?
    "The competent programmer is fully aware of the strictly limited size of his own skull; therefore he approaches the programming task in full humility, and among other things he avoids clever tricks like the plague." – Edsger W. Dijkstra

Sencha Premium Member

Hi yeghikyan,

Thanks for looking the problem. I have cleaned up the question thread further removing the code details and created a Sencha fiddle for the same. Can you please take a look now?

Surprisingly, I have tried another implementation of the same that works but I'm curious to understand the issue with this one as my project code base is much more aligned to above implementation.

Link to fiddle that works : https://fiddle.sencha.com/#view/editor&fiddle/2id4

Thanks,
    Dhiraj

Answers

The point of creating a fiddle is to demonstrate the issue. A fiddle that "works" is of little use, because it isn't capturing the specific cause of the problem.
    Twitter - @evantrimboli
    Former Sencha framework engineer, available for consulting.
    As of 2017-09-22 I am not employed by Sencha, all subsequent posts are my own and do not represent Sencha in any way.

Sencha Premium Member

I think I got the issue. I have updated the fiddle, removed all the errors except the "Exception : Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'parentNode' of null". This is mainly coming from the function call : tree.removeHeaderEle(); If I comment it, this exception goes away. I have to now think what can I do to achieve the same functionality as of this function.

Updated Fiddle
    :https://fiddle.sencha.com/#view/editor&fiddle/2iac