Thread: Using a custom theme with the new 6.6 Node-based tooling

Answers
    Vote Rating

Question Using a custom theme with the new 6.6 Node-based tooling

Hi, all...I successfully created a sample app using ext-gen and Ext JS 6.6, following the instructions on the Sencha site. It builds and runs just fine using the "npm start" command.

However, I am having a monstrously difficult time applying my custom theme (which extends Triton) to this app. The build process fails, with errors like "cannot satisfy requirements for "my-custom-theme", etc.

If I had to guess, the problem lies in the app.json file, where you actually define the theme. Ext JS seems to expect that the theme you choose for a given build (like desktop) will be one of the stock themes that ship with Ext JS, which are located in the namespaced @sencha NPM repo. I have no idea, nor can I find documentation, how to get Ext JS to recognize a theme located in an NPM package outside the default repo.

Has anyone successfully done this?

Thanks!

Answers
    Vote Rating

Evidently, this is a bug. A Sencha engineer let me know that bug report SDKTOOLS-1999 reported this issue (though I still can't find the documentation for that report). I'm not sure what the problem is, nor how to resolve it. In the meantime, the NPM tooling capability is more or less useless to us. We can't run an app without our custom branding as defined in our theme.