Thread: Gpl 6.6

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Default Gpl 6.6

Hello. How can i download extjs 6.6 gpl version?
    Try to fill download form many times- no email received to download

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

By the way. One question about extjs gpl.
    for example i use some extjs forms, windows and stores on my web site. All code of used extjs is in one standalong js file.
    with no obfuscation. Is it right to use extjs under gpl?
    in othe way i use obfuscation of stanalong js file which is use extjs. Is it right of using extjs under gpl?

another example. I am an educational institute user. I plan to use extjs on my web site. With-without js obfuscation of code used extjs. I think it right way to use extjs gpl.

but i want to use extjs to make android-ios application for our students to access to the private area of our edu network via web site. Where i must publish source code of app in this case under gpl to use free version of extjs?

thanks

p.s. Found this link https://www.sencha.com/legal/open-source-faq/
    example part. Is it right, that if my web site and iOS-android program based on extJS gpl , I do not need to provide source code of server side program and database? Web site and program plan to provide access to information in our edu corporate database (personal information of students)
    does in this case I need to publish source of site-program? I think not.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by andrewVL View Post
    Hello. How can i download extjs 6.6 gpl version?
    Try to fill download form many times- no email received to download
    Hello,

unfortunately there is no GPL version of 6.6.
    The last available version is 6.2.0.

The comments already asked for version 6.6.
    https://www.sencha.com/blog/announci...g-ga/#comments

At the moment there is no information when or if there will be a new GPL version.

Unfortunately, there are no references to new GPL versions in the roadmap.
    I also read that Atanas Popov does not believe in open source.
    Sencha-Roadmap-as-of-November-2017-1024x574.jpg

By the way. One question about extjs gpl.
    for example i use some extjs forms, windows and stores on my web site. All code of used extjs is in one standalong js file.
    with no obfuscation. Is it right to use extjs under gpl?
    in othe way i use obfuscation of stanalong js file which is use extjs. Is it right of using extjs under gpl?

another example. I am an educational institute user. I plan to use extjs on my web site. With-without js obfuscation of code used extjs. I think it right way to use extjs gpl.

but i want to use extjs to make android-ios application for our students to access to the private area of our edu network via web site. Where i must publish source code of app in this case under gpl to use free version of extjs?

thanks

p.s. Found this link https://www.sencha.com/legal/open-source-faq/
    example part. Is it right, that if my web site and iOS-android program based on extJS gpl , I do not need to provide source code of server side program and database? Web site and program plan to provide access to information in our edu corporate database (personal information of students)
    does in this case I need to publish source of site-program? I think not.
    Source: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#IfLibraryIsGPL
    If a library is released under the GPL (not the LGPL), does that mean that any software which uses it has to be under the GPL or a GPL-compatible license? (#IfLibraryIsGPL)
    Yes, because the program actually links to the library. As such, the terms of the GPL apply to the entire combination. The software modules that link with the library may be under various GPL compatible licenses, but the work as a whole must be licensed under the GPL. See also: What does it mean to say a license is “compatible with the GPL”?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by Mr-Money;1320355

Source: [URL
    http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#IfLibraryIsGPL[/URL]
    Ok. My code must be under GPL.

Simple example. I will use some grids of extjs on my web site.
    grids will get json from php.
    php will get data from corporate database.

What code i must publish? Javascript, php? Оr may be sql’s queries to our corporate databases? Or structure of our corporate databases? I care about it.

And other big question- what for i must publish my code and where? What is the value of my code to the “peoples”?
    In any case javascript codes visible in browser. Look and discover

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

We've found 6.2 to be fairly stable. It's a good alternative. 6.6 will provide challenges depending upon your system design (i.e. JSON).