Thread: Installation woes

You found a bug! We've classified it as IHD-2862 . We encourage you to continue the discussion and to find an acceptable workaround while we work on a permanent fix.
    Sencha Premium User

Default Installation woes

Several problems:

Installing @extjs/ext-gen globally results in a deprecation warning - says to use @sencha. Great - tried to install that package - no luck, doesn't exist. Apparently, that scope is only useful when pointed to Sencha's NPM repo. And...I can't log in. Our support subscription is expired, but I can still log into the support portal, just not the NPM repo - 403 forbidden.

In any case, using the deprecated @extjs/ext-gen, I try to generate a project. Great - it's created. Now, I go into folder and npm install, and...I end up with "No matching version found for @extjs/[email protected]~6.6.0". The latest on npmjs.com is 6.5.4 (which is really cmd 6.5.3 ).

This is insanity. It's like Sencha doesn't really want the average Joe Shmo developer to actually try their software.

Sencha - Forum Administrator

I apologize for the inconvenience. I just sent your issue over to a team member to see if we can get some sort of resolution for you. We will reach out to you as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience!

Sencha Staff

Thanks for the report! I have linked this thread to a bug reported in the system.