Thread: Error while using Event Recorder

Default Error while using Event Recorder

Hello,

I am using the trial version of Sencha test 2.2.0, Whenever I try using the Event Recorder I get the error as below:
    Error: A script did not complete before its timeout expired. at executeAsync("var a = arguments; window.___stcache && ___stcache.f3 ? ___stcache.f3.apply(null, a) : a[a.length-1]({ isCacheMiss: true }) ", [object Object]) - C:\Program Files\Sencha\Test\2_2_0_148\resources\app.asar\node_modules\orion-core\serve\context\WebDriver.js:297:40

If I go to the folder to look for C:\Program Files\Sencha\Test\2_2_0_148\resources\app.asar\node_modules\orion-core\serve\context\WebDriver.js file then I don’t see any folder/file after node_modules\orion-core\serve\context\WebDriver.js at all.

Any help or clue to solve this issue will be really appreciable.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sencha - Sales Team daniel.gallo's Avatar
    Answers

These are internal files to Sencha Test, so won't be visible on the file system.

Does the Chrome browser launch? Also, does this error happen with any website? E.g. if you change the scenario to "https://www.google.com", do you still get the same error when trying to launch the Event Recorder?
    Daniel Gallo
    Senior Solutions Architect
    Sencha Inc.

Hi Daniel,

Chrome browser gets launched. The error comes when we see the screen showing the message "Loading Sencha Test, Pls wait... If I change the scenario to : https://www.google.com then i don't see the error with the Event Recorder. Is there anything that I missing while using the previous test URL?

Thanks for discussing on this issue

Answers

Does the app that you're loading redirect during load of the browser? E.g. does it redirect to a login screen? If it's redirecting to a login screen, try setting your scenario URL to the exact URL of the login page.

Is your app on the Internet? If so, I can help debug it if I can get access to the app - feel free to send me a private message with details.
    Daniel Gallo
    Sencha Inc.

Sencha User

Was there ever a solution to this problem? I'm encountering the same error message when executing my WebDriver scenarios against a local browser farm setup for Chrome V76.

I tried pointing the scenario at google.com and experienced the same failure.

Answers

Quote Originally Posted by swillo View Post
    Was there ever a solution to this problem? I'm encountering the same error message when executing my WebDriver scenarios against a local browser farm setup for Chrome V76.

I tried pointing the scenario at google.com and experienced the same failure.
    Could you provide a few more details - operating system and version, version of Sencha Test, and whether you were using the embedded browser pool or a custom local Selenium Server. It would also be helpful to see the test suite, if it's not the default template. Can you also provide an exact copy of the error message you receive, just in case there's a minor difference in the wording to the one shown in the original post above.
    Daniel Gallo
    Sencha Inc.