Thread: Cannot Create or Open Projects in Sencha Studio

Default Answered: Cannot Create or Open Projects in Sencha Studio

I just installed the trial version of Sencha Studio on Mac OSX, but it will not open existing ExtJS projects or properly create new projects. When I try to open a project, after selecting the folder containing the workspace.json file and select open, it simply returns to the new project or open project page. When I try to make a project, the first time I try after opening Sencha Studio, it will begin to create the project, reach around 60-80% completion, then close back to the new or open project page. On subsequent attempts without restarting Sencha Studio, it goes straight back to the new/open project page. It does seem to be creating the projects, but they only contain a workspace.json file and the ext folder. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Are you on macOS High Sierra, with the new Safari 12.0 update installed, by any chance? If so, we recently fixed an issue that was introduced by the latest Safari update on macOS High Sierra (or newer), which inadvertently affects the ability to open projects in Sencha Test due to a change in Safari.

To download the latest build, please use this link: https://se.sencha.com/downloads/Senc...2.1.16-osx.zip

Sencha - Sales Team daniel.gallo's Avatar
    Answers

Are you on macOS High Sierra, with the new Safari 12.0 update installed, by any chance? If so, we recently fixed an issue that was introduced by the latest Safari update on macOS High Sierra (or newer), which inadvertently affects the ability to open projects in Sencha Test due to a change in Safari.

To download the latest build, please use this link: https://se.sencha.com/downloads/Senc...2.1.16-osx.zip
    Daniel Gallo
    Senior Solutions Architect
    Sencha Inc.

That worked, thank you.

Sencha - Sales Team daniel.gallo's Avatar
    Answers

Sencha Test 2.2.1 is now Generally Available. Existing customers can download 2.2.1 from the Support Portal. Trial users can download the new version by filling out the trial form again.
    Daniel Gallo
    Senior Solutions Architect
    Sencha Inc.