Thread: Multiselector search selection bug [Classic 6.6.0]

Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha Premium User
    Vote Rating

Default Multiselector search selection bug [Classic 6.6.0]

Ext Version Tested:
    6.6.0 Classic Toolkit

Browser Tested:
    Chrome

Fiddle:

Description:
    While using a multiselector, if the main store is changed programmatically after the search box has already been created and shown, then the selection in the search box ends up not matching the new state of the main store.
    I think this should be a relatively easy fix. I noticed that in the multiselector's 'onShowSearch' method, the selection in the search box is made if the main store has data. I think the selection just needs to be cleared out (deselectAll) before this selection is made, and perhaps a couple problems with how that selection is made need to be taken care of.

Steps to Reproduce the Problem:
    1. Click the + button in the top right of the multiselector to create and show the search box. Notice how the selection matches the initial data in the main store.
    2. Click outside of the search box to hide it.
    3. Click the "Change main store data" button to do what it says. (NOTE: this is using setData(), but it will also work with remove() or removeAt(), or pretty much anything that changes the main store's data programmatically.)
    4. Reopen the search box by clicking the + button again. You should see that the selection reflects the previous state of the main grid, and was not properly matched to its new state.

Expected Behavior:
    The selected records in the search box should be the same as the records present in the main store, no more, no less.

Actual Behavior:
    The selection in the search box does not reflect the records present in the main store.

Ext Team Member
    Vote Rating

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have made the support team aware of this issue and they will work on it as soon as possible.