Thread: app upgrade extjs 4.2 to extjs 6.6

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Default app upgrade extjs 4.2 to extjs 6.6

I want to upgrade my application extjs 4.2 to 6.6. Please help me app upgrade extjs 4.2 to extjs 6.6 in detail.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Definitely read the Upgrade Guides for each version and take notice of any changed/removed apis and update your code accordingly.

Here's an example from 6.5.3 to 6.6.0 https://docs.sencha.com/extjs/6.6.0/...ade_guide.html

Next, update the framework and reload your application. You'll have to do some extensive testing and make sure there aren't any breaking changes. There's going to be some issues - it's expected.

We just went from 6.2.0 to 6.6 this week and aside from a couple of minor issues, it was painless. However, you're jumping up from a couple of base releases so take some time to prepare.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

We recently upgraded from 4.2 to 6.6. It wasn't that much work. It really depends on how you coded your original application. You may find that some things that you did were not compatible. There is no guide that can help in detail.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by dougbieber View Post
    We recently upgraded from 4.2 to 6.6. It wasn't that much work. It really depends on how you coded your original application. You may find that some things that you did were not compatible. There is no guide that can help in detail.
    Yes - we went from 4.2 to 6.2 in 2016. I was surprised at how smooth the upgrade was. As long as your code is organized and following Sencha's conventions - you shouldn't have many issues.