Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Support ticket - 24 days and no action

Sencha Premium User

Quote Originally Posted by dougbieber View Post
    We have received good response...although not the response/answers we hoped for. I wish you luck. It seems that Idera did dismantle Sencha from reading various posts. I think time will tell where this buy-out is leading its customers.

-Doug
    Historically, most mergers/acquisitions end up being failures. Idera does not have much experience with acquiring Web companies, so most likely this acquisition won't be any diferent.

Perhaps you rememebr when in 1995 IBM bought Lotus Software for $3.5B because they wanted to better compete with Microsoft.

IBM just recently sold Lotus to an Indian firm HCL for $1.8 billion. It wouldn't surprise me if Idera sold Sencha again when they realize that the acquisition wasn't a good idea for them.

Ext JS Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by LesJ View Post
    Historically, most mergers/acquisitions end up being failures. Idera does not have much experience with acquiring Web companies, so most likely this acquisition won't be any diferent.

Perhaps you rememebr when in 1995 IBM bought Lotus Software for $3.5B because they wanted to better compete with Microsoft.

IBM just recently sold Lotus to an Indian firm HCL for $1.8 billion. It wouldn't surprise me if Idera sold Sencha again when they realize that the acquisition wasn't a good idea for them.
    I hope that HCL will bring the domino platform to the levels it belongs to.
    From what he has just announced, it seems so.

Sencha Premium User

Quote Originally Posted by wki01 View Post
    I hope that HCL will bring the domino platform to the levels it belongs to.
    From what he has just announced, it seems so.
    Let's hope so, although IBM raised the max size of the Notes file from 1GB to 64GB. This is a lot of email

Notes is hierarchical database. having 300,000 documents at each level is not bad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12