Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Support ticket - 24 days and no action

Sencha Premium User

Default Support ticket - 24 days and no action

Well, I've had a support ticket in the system for 24 days and it has not been responded to - it seems that no one supports Themer.

I created a thread before and an ex-Sencha employee pointed out that support tickets have an SLA of 15 days. His comment was deleted by a moderator. He reposted and then my entire thread was deleted.

Not a happy chap now.

Can anybody tell me the Sencha organisation structure with names (extending into Idera if appropriate) ?

Sencha Premium User mitchellsimoens's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gwyn_carwardine View Post
    support tickets have an SLA of 15 days.
    Oh it's way shorter than that.

https://www.sencha.com/legal/mainten...ort-agreement/

Bullet under section 1:

Maximum incident response time of 48 hours as detailed in Section 3a.
    Mitchell Simoens @LikelyMitch
    Modus Create, Senior Fullstack Engineer

Check out my GitHub:
    https://github.com/mitchellsimoens

Sencha Premium User

Oh sorry, I thought that was what you had said previously on my thread that appears to have been euthanised.... but as someone deleted it I can no longer refer to it.

Sencha - Sales Team daniel.gallo's Avatar

@gwyn_carwardine - apologies for the issues you've been experiencing, and sorry that your previous thread was deleted.

Please can you send me an email with your support ticket number, and I'll help to find out what's going on ([email protected]).

Thanks.
    Daniel Gallo
    Senior Solutions Architect
    Sencha Inc.

Sencha Premium User

Now 28 days and still no one has seemingly looked at it.

And Mitchell apparently the 48 hours is the amount of time to make an initial response. When they write on the ticket "we've received your report and will look into it" - that is all they have to do in 48 hours.

I don't think this outsourced engineering team model is working do you?!

And Mitchell apparently the 48 hours is the amount of time to make an initial response. When they write on the ticket "we've received your report and will look into it" - that is all they have to do in 48 hours.
    Yes, and when I was providing support in the portal I never did this but it was common practice way before the acquisition. It's a cop out IMO and spoke out against this internally so should be no surprise when I call this a cop out.

Check out my GitHub:

Sencha Premium User

Can anybody tell me the Sencha organisation structure with names (extending into Idera if appropriate) ?
    See if a tweet to Atanas Popov will help.

Ext JS Premium Member

We have received good response...although not the response/answers we hoped for. I wish you luck. It seems that Idera did dismantle Sencha from reading various posts. I think time will tell where this buy-out is leading its customers.

-Doug

Back when the forum was swamped with unreplied threads and so I jumped on the opportunity to really help out I had to create a tool to manage the sheer amount of threads/replies. This tool allows for a thread to be marked as worked or not worked and is completely hidden from public view (have to have proper usergroups on the forum to see the forum integration). If they are working off that tool then it's possible that threads are being marked as worked (maybe when that forum "bot" comes by with that stupid response) and people just wouldn't see the threads anymore.

This tool was also smart enough to buffer responses as sales was mad that I was giving responses on these free forums instead of people waiting for responses in the portal (I was giving answers faster than the team in the portal). I cannot remember the number of hours but it was something like 72 hours for non-premium forums and something smaller for premium forums. This means that this tool wouldn't show a thread till after this buffer time. The other reason for this buffer and why I went along with it was that community health would be hurt if I was beating everyone to helping someone, had to give the community a chance in order to help the community grow.

The portal tickets get assigned via an automatic round robin assignment based on level of person and number of tickets they have open. That initial reply is manual. The pre-Idera support team was decent and at different levels of expertise as you'd expect. The new team members seem a bit pre-junior level from my view.

Check out my GitHub:

Ext Support Team

Hello All,

We are communicating and working directly with Gwyn Carwardine via support ticket. Currently Sencha Product Architect is investigating this issue and we will keep customer posted on the progress.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
    Kumar.
    Sencha Support.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast