Thread: Unable to set focus from a floating panel to a (non-floating) form field

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Default Unable to set focus from a floating panel to a (non-floating) form field

Hi everybody

I am pretty skeptical whether somebody will take the time/effort to try to help me out with this (considering how the things are with the framework) but I am gonna give it a shot...

The fiddle is here.
    I have a mixin that adds an extra trigger to a field. This trigger then opens a floating panel with some other items (there is only a textfield there in the fiddle to avoid complexity). I set the focus to the panel's field after show() which works just fine. Also tabbing in-between the panel's fields works fine in my app.

The problem happens when I want to close (hide) the panel which is simply a listener on focusleave - when this happens I want to set the focus in the "main" field (i.e. the combobox in the fiddle). This doesn't work. Visually it looks like the focus is set, also Ext.Element.getActiveElement returns the inputEl of the combobox but it just doesn't work. The keyboard nav is dead, pressing TAB doesn't focus the next field (i.e. the textfield underneath the combo), DOWN arrow doesn't expand, you cannot input anything...

I tried to:
    Ext.defer the focus call - doesn't work (it actually doesn't even mark the field as focused)
    Called focus(true, DELAY) - doesn't work (it actually doesn't even mark the field as focused)
    combination of the above - doesn't work (it actually doesn't even mark the field as focused)

I cannot seem to find the issue in the code either, this focus management always seems to kick my *ss hard.

Any help / comment greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!
    F.

Sencha - Forum Administrator
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Thank you so much for your post. I apologize for the delay. I have shared this with the support staff to look into at their earliest convenience. Your patience is greatly appreciated! We do suggest using the support portal when you need assistance with a capability of a Sencha product, you have identified a situation where a products behavior is inconsistent with the product documentation and might indicate a software bug, or when the communication between you and Sencha needs to be private.

Thanks again,

Michele

Ext Support Team
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Sencha Support!

This issue has been registered in our bug tracker for resolution, the reference Jira EXTJS-28192 will be linked here for you to receive updates.

Regards,
    Kumar
    Sencha Support.