Thread: Recording Error Setup

Default Answered: Recording Error Setup

Hi everybody,

I'm testing the Sencha Test Tool and I'm currently using the trial licence (until April 6th).

I have managed to setup an a test. I'm very interested in the recording feature but every time I try to use Event Recorder I'm gettting this error:

On Sencha Test

On the browser

Sencha Studio (Sencha Test) 2.2.1
    Windows 7
    Internet Explorer 11

Can you please give me some hints of what could be wrong I did configure or created nothing besides the test I was trying to record.

Thank you very much!
    Adilson Cabral

2. Sencha Test requires that the cursor be placed within one of the tests in your test suite, in order for it to know where to insert the generated recording after the event recorder is used.

So if you take the example below, place your cursor on line 3 (the blank line), then click the Event Recorder button.

Code:
    describe("Example", function() {
        it("should do something", function() {

});
    });
    If you are placing your cursor within a test, and still seeing the above error message, then maybe there's a syntax error somewhere within your test suite.

Sencha - Sales Team daniel.gallo's Avatar
    Answers

Sencha Test requires that the cursor be placed within one of the tests in your test suite, in order for it to know where to insert the generated recording after the event recorder is used.

So if you take the example below, place your cursor on line 3 (the blank line), then click the Event Recorder button.

Code:
    describe("Example", function() {
        it("should do something", function() {

});
    });
    If you are placing your cursor within a test, and still seeing the above error message, then maybe there's a syntax error somewhere within your test suite.
    Daniel Gallo
    Senior Solutions Architect
    Sencha Inc.

Thank you very much!