Thread: ExtGen UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Error: Cannot find module

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Default Answered: ExtGen UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Error: Cannot find module

Environment: node 10.15.3; npm 6.4.1; java 1.8.0_201-b09; Error occurs on a Windows 7 Ultimate as well as Windows 10 system.

I have carefully followed the instructions in the documentation as well as a couple of videos and still encounter the following error. I don't see any similar error here. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a fix? A workaround?

I'm trying to evaluate ExtJS and am using a trial version obtained using the links, username and userid that came in the email I received when requesting the trial.

Many thanks,
    Milan

Here's the command window:

c:\Temp>ext-gen app XXApp

Sencha ExtGen v6.7.0 Professional Edition - The Ext JS code generator

Defaults for Ext JS app:
    appName: XXApp
    template: moderndesktop
    modernTheme: theme-material

Defaults for package.json:
    packageName: xx-app
    version: 0.0.1
    description: xx-app description for Ext JS app XXApp
    repositoryURL: https://github.com/
    keywords: "Ext JS","Sencha","HTML5"
    authorName: Sencha, Inc.
    license: ISC
    bugsURL: https://github.com/
    homepageURL: http://www.sencha.com

i [ext]: ext-gen: c:\Temp/xx-app created
    i [ext]: ext-gen: package.json created for xx-app
    i [ext]: ext-gen: webpack.config.js created for xx-app
    i [ext]: ext-gen: npm install -s started for xx-app
    i [ext]: ext-gen: npm install -s completed for xx-app
    (node:10168) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Error: Cannot find module 'c:\Temp\xx-app\node_modules\@sencha\ext\package.json'
    at Function.Module._resolveFilename (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:582:15)
    at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:508:25)
    at Module.require (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:637:17)
    at require (internal/modules/cjs/helpers.js:22:18)
    at stepCreate (C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\@sencha\ext-gen\ext-gen.js:606:22)
    at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:68:7)
    (node:10168) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). (rejection id: 1)
    (node:10168) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.

2. As a followup to my original post, I tried this whole exercise once again today, a Monday, and it is now working as advertised. Since nothing has changed from my end I can only assume that there were bugs in either ext-gen or npm that were fixed and pushed. It is Monday, after all, and somebody may have gotten back to work. M initial foray was on a weekend.

Milan

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

As a followup to my original post, I tried this whole exercise once again today, a Monday, and it is now working as advertised. Since nothing has changed from my end I can only assume that there were bugs in either ext-gen or npm that were fixed and pushed. It is Monday, after all, and somebody may have gotten back to work. M initial foray was on a weekend.

Milan