Thread: Disable autocomplete/autofill

Sencha Premium User
    Answers

Default Disable autocomplete/autofill

Having a real problem lately with chrome wanting to autofill many fields in a large ExtJS application even when autofill is disabled in chrome. Is there anything I can set to disable this for the entire application?

Sencha MVP Team Member
    Answers

This is an issue with Chrome dating back to 2015. Chrome ignores the W3C specification for autocomplete=off and are doing their own thing. There have actually been several issues created for Chrome. One such issue is #468153. This was opened March 17, 2015 and given an updated status of "WontFix" and then closed in March of 2016.

So no, there isn't anything you can do other than create convoluted code generating random naming conventions that would solve this issue Google refuses to fix.
    Andy Allord
    Sencha MVP/Software Engineer

Answers

Extjs is the Framework that must handle this, we know is powerfull in handling browser compatibility with old browsers , I guess you will provide some fixes for lastest one's.

one jquery plugin has done this: https://github.com/terrylinooo/jquery.disableAutoFill

now seems that the problem is not only autocomplete=off, but also the name. I like to have my forms with correct name when I use form.getValues() and have {name: 'Name', description: 'Desc...'} for some entities that don't represents user name for example.

but the big problem is with "combo boxes" and tag fields that have name like "language", "languages"

screenshot.2019-06-27 (1).jpg

screenshot.2019-06-27.jpg

i'm using:
    Code:
    Ext.define('SDL.overrides.form.field.Text', {
        override: 'Ext.form.field.Text',

afterRender: function () {
            this.callParent(arguments);

// fix https://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?471764
            if (Ext.isChrome) {
                this.inputEl.set({
                    autocomplete: this.name ? 'new-' + this.name : 'none'