Thread: Endless loop of "Updating indices" caused by Sencha plugin

Isnogud

Exclamation Endless loop of "Updating indices" caused by Sencha plugin

Hi,

after we've updated our IDE to the latest version (2019.1), we experienced some performance issues which were caused by the plugin.
    This occurs not only in projects that make use of the plugin.

See also this issue for more informations:

https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-209836

Greetings

Sencha - Forum Administrator
    Answers

Thank you so much for your post. I apologize for the delay. I have shared this with the support staff to look into at their earliest convenience. Your patience is greatly appreciated! We do suggest using the support portal when you need assistance with a capability of a Sencha product, you have identified a situation where a products behavior is inconsistent with the product documentation and might indicate a software bug, or when the communication between you and Sencha needs to be private.

Thanks again,

Michele

Sencha Premium User

Any updates on this? (Testing my new old account too..)

Sencha Premium User

I am having the same issue after upgrading intelliJ. I am also getting prompted to update the license but running into that "Known" issue to. The only way I could resolve both issues was to disable the plug-in.

Very disappointed in Sencha and how they have NOT been addressing these plug-in issues. It's almost like they really don't care about the JetBrains plug-in... even though its a purchased item.

You might have to switch the JetBrains boot JDK to a previous version. I'm currently using the jdk1.8.0_191 and it works.

Sencha Premium User

I'm experiencing the same problem. Wasted nearly an entire day trying to figure out why IntelliJ wouldn't stop indexing (which froze me out from using the IDE). Finally, figured out the sudden problem, where my activation code is no longer working and giving me a "There was a problem downloading a valid license" error, is the culprit behind the endless indexing. As soon as I disabled the plugin, the indexing stopped.