Thread: Modern Grid Column Resize - Header and Row mismatch

Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha Premium User

Default Modern Grid Column Resize - Header and Row mismatch

Please see the fiddle:

https://fiddle.sencha.com/#view/editor&fiddle/2r5i

Select the tab "Button"
    Press "Resize"
    It deletes the "Button" tab and then sets the column sizes on the Grid.

If you do this in Chrome then most times you end up with mismatch columns with headers set to the correct width but row cells are still the original size. Other times it works correctly

If you do this in Edge then most times you end up with the Grid disappearing. Other times it works correctly

Seems to be a bug - given that Sencha have given up fixing bugs - anyone got a suitable workaround?

Thanks

Try set Column's width on Grid painted event

Sencha Premium User

Thanks, however this is only one use case. It may be that the grid is already visible when the resize is required in which painted will not be called.

So the only solution becomes to do TWO resizes - one immediately and then one when painted. But that itself doesn't work - I don't want to resize the columns when the user switches between tabs, only when it's first loaded... otherwise they might set the columns as they like and then change tabs and their effort would be lost. So this is no good.

So basically the internally paint event handling is broken as it is called after the columns have been resized but does not correctly draw them.

I've updated the fiddle with some logging to prove that painted is called after column resize and doesn't work. In this particular instance I'm making up for the grid's naffness and implementing my own autosizing but it is quite an expensive operation - measuring etc and so I really don't want to call it multiple times but what else can I do

Ext Support Team

Hello,

This issue has been registered in our bug tracker under reference EXTJS-28209, the Jira will be linked here for you to track the status.

Regards,
    Kumar
    Sencha Support.