Thread: Conditional allowBlank in Data Grid

Sencha User

Default Conditional allowBlank in Data Grid

I have a data grid with a couple columns, AgreementNumber and ExpiryDate. These fields are both able to be edited. By default, allowBlank is set to true on ExpiryDate. I'm wondering if it's possible to set the allowBlank of ExpiryDate to false if a user enters a value for AgreementNumber. Important note is that I don't want to set the allowBlank for the entire ExpiryDate column, just the selected row/record where a user has entered a value for AgreementNumber. I'm trying to do this with a 'focusleave' listener on the AgreementNumber column editor, but I can't figure out how to reference/set allowBlank for ExpiryDate on that same row, or if it's even possible. Anyone have experience with this?

Sencha - Forum Administrator
    Answers

Thank you so much for your post. I apologize for the delay. I have shared this with the support staff to look into at their earliest convenience. Your patience is greatly appreciated! We do suggest using the support portal when you need assistance with a capability of a Sencha product, you have identified a situation where a products behavior is inconsistent with the product documentation and might indicate a software bug, or when the communication between you and Sencha needs to be private.

Thanks again,

Michele

Ext Support Team
    Answers

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Sencha Support!

We will be looking into this post and and update on it shortly. We will contact if we need additional information.

Regards,
    Kumar
    Sencha Support.

Sencha MVP Team Member
    Answers

Are you using classic or modern framework? Can you provide sample (fiddle would be best) of your grid and how you are defining what field type is used in editing?

I can assume some of this, but best case to answer is not assuming.
    Andy Allord
    Sencha MVP/Software Engineer

Ext Support Team
    Answers

Hello,

I request you to provide a fiddle replicating the issue to assist you in a better way.

Regards,
    Kumar
    Sencha Support.

Answers

I'm not sure about setting allowBlank = false here, but you can definitely put some logic in your edit listener to handle a cell by cell check.