Thread: Start application from apache/nginx web server instead of npm web start

Sencha Premium User
    Vote Rating

Exclamation Start application from apache/nginx web server instead of npm web start

I need start application from apache/nginx web server instead of npm web start. It works good many years with secnha app generated application, but ext-gen generated application doesn't run, it tries to load scripts from folder ${app}\..\node_modules instead of ${app}\node_modules
    After app generation there is
    Code:
    "bootstrap": {  "base": "${app.dir}/generatedFiles",
    "manifest": "${build.id}.json",
    "microloader": "bootstrap.js",
    "css": "bootstrap.css"
    }
    Documentation states that path is relative to bootstrap.base so I decided to remove generatedFiles from app.json and index.thml, and this solved the issue. Actually this place files like it was before community edition. But I am curiouse, is there other way to solve the issue without removing generatedFiles folder, but fixing relative pathes?

Moreover, I've checked how it works with npm web start, if it doesn't work with apache/nginx?! Appeared that the issue it present there also but is "fixed" by the way relative paths are resolved: the path is the same and is wrong: ../app.js etc, but as app folder is the root of npm webserver, it translates to localhost:xxxx/app.js so I guess that ext-gen generates wrong app.json configuration that works just by lucky coincedence.

Any suggestion how app.json should be declared to correctly use generatedFiles folder?

Sencha - Forum Administrator
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Thank you so much for your post. I apologize for the delay. I have shared this with the support staff to look into at their earliest convenience. Your patience is greatly appreciated!

Thanks again,

Michele

Ext Support Team
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Sencha Support!

We are going to reach out to the concerned Engineers and will keep you posted as soon as there is an update.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
    Kumar
    Sencha Support.