Thread: Trigger grid.ViewOptions

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Default Trigger grid.ViewOptions

Hello,

I'm trying to trigger the grid.ViewOptions menu with a button click on my UI rather than a long press on the column header. I've looked through ViewOptions.js in node_modules/@extjs/ext-react-toolkit/src/grid/plugin/ViewOptions.js and see two functions: showViewOptions() and hideViewOptions(), but have been having a hard time exposing these to my button.

I've tried following a similar pattern to the grid exporter which exposes saveDocumentAs() through a ref on the grid, but this hasn't worked.

Ext.require(['Ext.grid.plugin.Exporter', 'Ext.grid.plugin.ViewOptions']);

<Grid
    gridRef={grid => this.grid = grid}
    shadow
    style={{fontSize:11}}
    store={props.store}
    plugins={{gridviewoptions:true, gridexporter:true}}
    >

customizeGrid=()=>{
    // this.grid.hideViewOptions()
    // this.grid.showViewOptions()
    }

I've also found that once the viewOptions menu component mounts, it doesn't unmount, so I can select the component in the dom tree and manually add and remove the x-hidden css class to display the menu, but it seems there should be a cleaner way.

Any feedback or thoughts are appreciated!

Cheers!
    Christian

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by clamborghini View Post
    Hello,

I'm trying to trigger the grid.ViewOptions menu with a button click on my UI rather than a long press on the column header. I've looked through ViewOptions.js in node_modules/@extjs/ext-react-toolkit/src/grid/plugin/ViewOptions.js and see two functions: showViewOptions() and hideViewOptions(), but have been having a hard time exposing these to my button.

I've tried following a similar pattern to the grid exporter which exposes saveDocumentAs() through a ref on the grid, but this hasn't worked.

Ext.require(['Ext.grid.plugin.Exporter', 'Ext.grid.plugin.ViewOptions']);

<Grid
    gridRef={grid => this.grid = grid}
    shadow
    store={props.store}
    plugins={{gridviewoptions:true, gridexporter:true}}
    >

customizeGrid=()=>{
    // this.grid.hideViewOptions()
    // this.grid.showViewOptions()
    }

I've also found that once the viewOptions menu component mounts, it doesn't unmount, so I can select the component in the dom tree and manually add and remove the x-hidden css class to display the menu, but it seems there should be a cleaner way.

Any feedback or thoughts are appreciated!

Cheers!
    Christian
    I think I'm on a better track - but still not at a solution

HTML Code:
     <Grid         ref={props.gridRef}        shadow        style={{fontSize:11}}        store={props.store}        plugins={[        {type:'gridviewoptions',        sheet: {          items: [{            docked: 'top',            xtype: 'titlebar',            title: '',            items: [{                xtype: 'button',                text: 'Done',                ui: 'action',                align: 'right',                role: 'donebutton'            }]        }],        lazy:true,        hidden: props.showGridViewOptions,        hideOnMaskTap: true,        enter: 'left',        exit: 'left',        modal: true,        left: 0,        layout: 'fit',        stretchY: true            },        columnList:{            title:'Customize View'          },        }, 'gridexporter']}      >

it doesn't look like the hidden prop is controlling the component rendering the way I was hoping. Still digging through docs and piecing it together. Any other thoughts out there?

Much appreciated!!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Here's my solution if others are interested:

customizeGrid=()=>{

const viewOptions = this.grid._plugins[0], //_plugins is an array of your included plugins on the grid - the first item in my config is the viewOptions plugin. this.grid is a ref on the grid
    sheet = viewOptions.getSheet();
    viewOptions.setup()

sheet.show()

}

<Grid
    ref={
    grid=>this.grid = grid}
    shadow
    store={props.store}
    plugins={[
    {type:'gridviewoptions',