I am using:
    Sencha Architect

Version: 4.2.5.420
    Channel: 4.2-stable
    Platform: 1.6.2.49 - win32 x64
    Renderer: 56.0.2924.87
    Cmd: 6.7.0.63
    Framework: Ext JS 6.7.x Classic

And when I attempt to publish the app I am greeted by the screen (screen shot attachedCapture.PNG
    The path in there is valid, and no matter what path I insert there is no way to proceed past this error. I can browse to a path, however the green publish button has no effect.

Any suggestions here would be very helpful,

-Allen

Sencha - Forum Administrator
    Answers

Thank you so much for your post. I apologize for the delay. I have shared this with the support staff and someone will get back to provide assistance as soon as possible. Your patience is greatly appreciated!

Kind Regards,

Michele

Sencha MVP Team Member
    Answers

As for the error, this seems to be something engineering needs to reply on because other than a red outlined box nothing tells you what the error is, giving me no clue how to help you resolve it.

As for what the dialog is telling you, using this manner of publishing your project it will "copy all your Ext project files to the publish location. Use this feature in case of:".... The first point there states "- You are not using build tools in this project (Sencha Cmd)." Architect uses Sencha Cmd when going through the build process.

In your build settings you can set your destination for both production and development builds and then publish your project using the "Build web app" button at the top of your Sencha Architect UI. The arrow down will allow you to choose between "Build web app" or "Build Settings"

I strongly suggest when building with Architect to use the "Build web app" button.

Here is what the dialog looks like when using the button.

Attachment 57994
    Andy Allord
    Sencha MVP/Software Engineer

Sencha Premium User
    Answers

Andy;
    When I "Build web app" some work goes on and then the dialog I posted comes up, this apparently does not like the path and wont allow me to "publish". Also the link you posted is not valid and wont open.

Sencha MVP Team Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bluewwol View Post
    Andy;
    When I "Build web app" some work goes on and then the dialog I posted comes up, this apparently does not like the path and wont allow me to "publish". Also the link you posted is not valid and wont open.
    Then something is still wrong in the build path. Is the build path outside of the project directories?

I contacted them stating the image is not there. It was just a screenshot of the build screen.
    Andy Allord
    Sencha MVP/Software Engineer

Sencha Premium User
    Answers

Andy;

Yes, I dont see a build path, but presume you mean Publish path??
    Yes, they are completely separate
    my publish path is
    C:\inetpub\wwwroot\SA\base
    while the project path is
    C:\dev\Quill\ExtJS\Base
    Where should the paths be, and what items then from my project environment would need to be included on the webserver in production?

-Allen

Sencha Premium User
    Answers

Andy;

In attempting to change the build path, I go into build settings and change the path, however then when I build the project I get the same error dialog pop up, but the path is still the original path (outside to project directory)?