Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No more nightly build?

Default No more nightly build?

Just checked the support portal and cannot see anything later than 7.0.0.131 from July 23.
    The latest npm that I managed to get using the cumbersome EA is 7.0.0.116.
    What gives?

Sencha Sr Product Manager

Sorry for the trouble here. I'm not sure exactly what went down. I've noticed some nightly delivery issues. I'll aim to get those fixed soon. In the mean time, we're closing in on QE testing 7.0. We're also prepping 7.1 and 7.2 engineering, so I'll see what we can do to get nightlies up during those builds.

Thanks for reporting!
    Brandon Donnelson
    Sencha Product Manager

Sencha Premium Member

Ext JS nightlies would be nice, but you also need the CMD nightlies.
    7.0.0.116 will run on the CMD available from https://sencha.myget.org/feed/Packages/early-adopter
    but I have had problems with later versions.

Ext JS Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by branflake2267 View Post
    Sorry for the trouble here. I'm not sure exactly what went down. I've noticed some nightly delivery issues. I'll aim to get those fixed soon. In the mean time, we're closing in on QE testing 7.0. We're also prepping 7.1 and 7.2 engineering, so I'll see what we can do to get nightlies up during those builds.

Thanks for reporting!
    Brandon Donnelson
    Sencha Product Manager

Nightly build always blocked.
    On all releases.
    Can you please restore the service?

Sencha Sr Product Manager

We're working on getting the nightlies set back up. We will be prepping for 7.1 and as we go through those builds the aim is to get the nightlies back online. I'm tracking. It may take a few more weeks. As it stands now 7.0 has the latest and greatest. Are you looking for earlier version nightlies?

Sencha Premium User mitchellsimoens's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by branflake2267 View Post
    We're working on getting the nightlies set back up. We will be prepping for 7.1 and as we go through those builds the aim is to get the nightlies back online. I'm tracking. It may take a few more weeks. As it stands now 7.0 has the latest and greatest. Are you looking for earlier version nightlies?
    Part of what you get when you purchase a support subscription is access to nightlies. Just in case you were wondering. Feels like "It may take a few more weeks" seems a bit much to expect from someone paying for it...
    Mitchell Simoens @LikelyMitch
    Modus Create, Senior Fullstack Engineer

Check out my GitHub:
    https://github.com/mitchellsimoens

Sencha Premium User

Mitchell, you are coming across too hostile some of the time. We all have a lot invested and we all wish for the good old days. I could see the complete lack of humility in the senior leadership years ago. Way before Idera.

That’s hostile to you? Reminding them of what you get when you pay for something should be a priority to restore. As someone that had access to what built and deployed nightlies, I certainly would have stopped what I was doing to restore the nightly build system. I know sales got customer complaints about things like this or jira issues they felt were not getting resolved in a timely fashion to where I would be directed to resolve so seeing the lax behavior of such shouldn’t be allowed. If I bought something and there was something I relied on and was told “we’ll get it fixed in a few weeks”, I would be outraged at that response.

Check out my GitHub:

Sencha Premium User

No. I'm saying it does not help to scream at the foot soldiers. Clearly sencha is struggling through this transition. I hope they figure it out. Let's encourage those on the front lines.

As someone that worked the forums thru certain decisions like the 5pk thing, this was no where close to screaming but being upfront that what you pay for isn’t something that can get done when you get around to it.

Check out my GitHub:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast