Thread: Upgrades 6.6.0 -> 6.7.0, 6.6.0 or 6.7.0 -> 7.0.0 - are they painful?

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

Default Upgrades 6.6.0 -> 6.7.0, 6.6.0 or 6.7.0 -> 7.0.0 - are they painful?

Hi,

Question for anyone that upgraded from 6.6.0 to 6.7.0 or from 6.6.0 or 6.7.0 to 7.0.0, did you have any major issues? I would appreciate if you can share your experience. Our apps use classic.

Thanks!

Sencha Premium User
    Answers

I haven't tried to upgrade yet, but I can tell you that 6.7.0 and 7.0.0 were heavily focused on modern and there were almost no updates for classic. 6.7.0 had a major viewport bug when it first came out, but I think this was resolved.

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by firefoxSafari View Post
    I haven't tried to upgrade yet, but I can tell you that 6.7.0 and 7.0.0 were heavily focused on modern and there were almost no updates for classic. 6.7.0 had a major viewport bug when it first came out, but I think this was resolved.
    Thanks, I was aware of that bug but I wasn't sure it was solved since I haven't seen a minor version release, i.e.6.7.1, available for commercial users (there are nightly builds though). For reference, the thread is here: https://www.sencha.com/forum/showthr...Viewport/page2. The bug is still not marked as fixed, however, in the thread the sencha staff said it was fixed in a nightly build. I thought that, by now, they would have new a minor release. As is, I find it confusing.

Sencha Premium User
    Answers

Yes, it's very confusing and they should have released a minor version 6.7.1. Differences after the acquisition, I guess. They announced in these blog comments https://www.sencha.com/blog/announci...nd-tooling-ga/ that the fix was in release 6.7.0.210. So, essentially they just overwrote 6.7.0.

I took issue with their fix because the viewport plugin was still broken, but at least the class worked so it satisfied my needs. I'm on 6.6 right now and am planning on staying for a while and letting Idera get a few releases out there before upgrading.