Thread: Is this ever going to be fixed?

Ext JS Premium Member
    Answers

Default Is this ever going to be fixed?

I still can't use the jetbrains plugin with webstorm. I'm getting the "there was a problem downloading a valid license" error. Support says it's a known issue with Java 11 and apparently has been for months.

Sencha Premium User

Yes, same issue. Sencha, when you planning release fixed version? Thx

Sencha Premium User

UP !!! Sencha, any solution?

Answers

Just upgraded JetBrains WebStorm and now the temporary license or key I had to put on my laptop isn't working. This has been broken since at least early July. Do I need another key?

Change your IDE's JDK to version 8.

Sencha Premium Member

This problem is here for months and months. The solution as mentioned above is not an option for me, since the IDE will not behave stable. In october I had contact with premium support and they said that work on an update was in progress. So far nothing. This is a paid product. Instead of letting the customers wait until they can register the plugin with the right Java version, it might be an idea to temporarily remove the registration. That way the problem is not on the user-side.

Answers

The new Sencha support model since the buy-out seems to be, answer forum questions immediately with "We understand your concern, we are submitting this to an engineer." and then never following up on it.

I've even had support push me back to my sales rep on this issue. Ultimately my only fix was to point to a different version of Java.

Sencha Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by mjhaston View Post
    The new Sencha support model since the buy-out seems to be, answer forum questions immediately with "We understand your concern, we are submitting this to an engineer." and then never following up on it.

I've even had support push me back to my sales rep on this issue. Ultimately my only fix was to point to a different version of Java.
    Unfortunately, when I use a different Java version, the IDE becomes less stable, so that's not an option for me. I guess being software developers ourselves, the 'no-fix-for-months' is even more difficult to deal with. Especially since this is not a free product.

Quote Originally Posted by StigOHara View Post
    Unfortunately, when I use a different Java version, the IDE becomes less stable, so that's not an option for me. I guess being software developers ourselves, the 'no-fix-for-months' is even more difficult to deal with. Especially since this is not a free product.
    I agree, this is a paid product and the dirty fix should only be acceptable for a small period of time. IMO It doesn't replace a proper patch.

Sencha Premium Member

The plugin needs work, but why can't the 'licensing' thing be fixed first, and then do the rest later. This is taking way too long, by any standard.