Thread: Post voting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Sencha Premium User mitchellsimoens's Avatar

Default Post voting

I'm noticing that I don't see votes on user profiles in threads anymore. Was this removed and if so, why?
    Mitchell Simoens @LikelyMitch
    Modus Create, Senior Fullstack Engineer

Check out my GitHub:
    https://github.com/mitchellsimoens

That does not seem to be the only change. The Forum also got removed from the Homepage.

Isnogud

You can hit the little star on the lower left corner, but it appears that you have to wait after you upvoted someone: You can not vote for/against someone multiple times across different posts/threads.
    You have to "spread more reputation" before you're allowed to do so:

I tried this with mitchells account:
    I upvoted this post and wasn't able to upvote another of his posts.
    Then I upvoted 3 other posts from different people and was able to upvote another post of mitchell.

If you want to downvote a post, you now have to add a reason.

Sencha User

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    I'm noticing that I don't see votes on user profiles in threads anymore. Was this removed and if so, why?
    Just a wild guess: maybe because they don't want to show ratings of their new support staff (rakumar, pakumar & friends) who were down-voted into oblivion?

Sencha Premium User mitchellsimoens's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hakimio View Post
    Just a wild guess: maybe because they don't want to show ratings of their new support staff (rakumar, pakumar & friends) who were down-voted into oblivion?
    100% why they did it and for a long time they don't show reputation for those users. Voting affects a user's reputation so their rep was all red tiull they changed that. Basically hide the UI but don't fix the issue with those users.
    Mitchell Simoens @LikelyMitch
    Modus Create, Senior Fullstack Engineer

Check out my GitHub:
    https://github.com/mitchellsimoens