Thread: Virtual Store does not work with dataview?

Sencha User
    Answers

Default Answered: Virtual Store does not work with dataview?

I am using Extjs 6.7.0 Modern

I understand that a virtual store does not work like a standard store... But I would think it should work with a dataview. I have a dataview and if I load the data it displays fine. If I switch to a virtual store it does not. I am even calling refresh() on the dataview after the data is loaded and still not displaying.

I have looked at the code and dataview is using the records array and that appears to be empty when the store is a virtual store.

Code:
    var me = this,
                    records = me.dataRange.records,
                    storeCount = records.length,
                    itemCount = me.dataItems.length,
                    scroller = me.getScrollable(),
                    restoreFocus, i;

Is there a trick to get a dataview to work with a virtual store?

The same virtual store works fine with a grid in the same test app.

-Mark

2. The Dataview UI doesn't support virtual store. This is more to do with handling the UI than the store itself. For a list, we know we have a flat set of rows, so you can know when you're nearing the extremities and also you only have to worry about calculating height. Because a dataview can be free form, this becomes more difficult.

In theory there's nothing preventing it from being supported if the UI had the right stuff, but it wasn't deemed as a priority to add support for it.

Answers

The Dataview UI doesn't support virtual store. This is more to do with handling the UI than the store itself. For a list, we know we have a flat set of rows, so you can know when you're nearing the extremities and also you only have to worry about calculating height. Because a dataview can be free form, this becomes more difficult.

In theory there's nothing preventing it from being supported if the UI had the right stuff, but it wasn't deemed as a priority to add support for it.
    Twitter - @evantrimboli
    Former Sencha framework engineer, available for consulting.
    As of 2017-09-22 I am not employed by Sencha, all subsequent posts are my own and do not represent Sencha in any way.

Sencha User
    Answers

OH. That is too bad. I entered a ticket for this over the weekend and they responded that I should put a fiddle together showing the problem.

I did do the fiddle.... but I guess it does not work. That is really too bad because the paging tool bar does not work either.

So if i need to show a substantial dataset in a dataview I need to just show a subset or implement my own "paging toolbar" i guess.

Did the virtual store work in the classic toolkit?

thanks
    Mark

Answers

I did do the fiddle.... but I guess it does not work. That is really too bad because the paging tool bar does not work either.
    A paging toolbar should be a lot easier to implement. In fact you could probably take the classic implementation and port it across without much hassle.

Did the virtual store work in the classic toolkit?
    No, none of the UI components were even written to support it.
    Twitter - @evantrimboli
    Former Sencha framework engineer, available for consulting.
    As of 2017-09-22 I am not employed by Sencha, all subsequent posts are my own and do not represent Sencha in any way.