Thread: How to show date in date column as link and on click of that how to show date picker?

Sencha User
    Answers

Default How to show date in date column as link and on click of that how to show date picker?

Hello,

I am using Extjs 6.5.3 classic. I have grid, in which there are two date columns. Now I want to show that date column value as link and on click of that I want to show date picker to select date. I don't want to use row editor or cell editor. I just want to show date picker on click of date value. And after clicking on date picker date I want to show the updated value in grid.

Please help.

Thank you in advance.

Sencha User
    Answers

Here is a fiddle with what you are asking for, but this is just the beginning of what you are trying to do.
    https://fiddle.sencha.com/#view/editor&fiddle/2vo8

I have done something similar to this is my projects.
    I use two things to make this happen:

1. A Grid plugin to listen for the cell click
    2. A custom column that extends Ext.grid.column.Date to implement the click handler

There is so much that a DateField gives you for free that you are going to lose by trying to manually recreate this with a link.
    Things like, auto closing the Picker, setting the value of the record when a date is selected.

Sencha User
    Answers

Hi ivanleblanc ,

Thank you so much for your reply. I will try it now.