Thread: What is the highest version of Node.js that one can use?

Sencha Premium Member

Default Answered: What is the highest version of Node.js that one can use?

In the past, the highest version of Node.js available for use with Sencha Test was v7. Is this still the case or can we upgrade to a higher version? Has anyone a confirmed working configuration with Node.js > 7 running? (current version is 13.2 at the moment of writing)

2. Later versions may work with Test 2.3, but this would need to be tested. We'll review the supported versions of Node.js as part of future updates.

Thanks for reporting the issue with the documentation - I'll log something so that gets updated.

Sencha - Sales Team daniel.gallo's Avatar
    Answers

Sencha Test 2.3 adds support for newer Node.js versions. I believe versions 8 and 10 were used in testing.
    Daniel Gallo
    Sales Engineer
    Sencha

Sencha Premium Member

Thank you Daniel,

Any chance that in the (near) future Sencha Test will be usable with the latest Node.js, so we don't have to change between versions.

By the way, those versions are not mentioned in the docs: https://docs.sencha.com/sencha_test/...tallation.html

Sencha - Sales Team daniel.gallo's Avatar
    Answers

Later versions may work with Test 2.3, but this would need to be tested. We'll review the supported versions of Node.js as part of future updates.

Thanks for reporting the issue with the documentation - I'll log something so that gets updated.
    Daniel Gallo
    Sales Engineer
    Sencha