Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ComboBox scroll issue in Firefox

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Default ComboBox scroll issue in Firefox

Hi,

The ComboBox's scrollbar seems to get messed up in Firefox on the Mac (this is NOT a problem on the PC). I am going to guess that this is particular to my situation, as I can't find any other posts about this - either that or I am the only Mac Firefox user out there!

I am simply rendering the ComboBox dynamically (i.e., it is autoCreating the HTML) into a Toolbar, which is added to the header panel of a grid.

The issue is that the scrollbar is more or less invisible in Firefox, unless I click in the area where the scroll bar should be, in which case it becomes visible - but as soon as I mouseout or click again, it disappears again. Using the scroll wheel, incidentally, scrolls the content and shows the scrollbar (again, until I mouseover/mouseout or click, in which case it again disappears).

Thanks for any help!
    Taylor

Vote Rating

I probalby have the same problem (FF/Mac).
    The scrollbar is cut off when the combobox is shown inside a dialog
    See attached screenshot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Yes, that's very similar to what I'm seeing. Sorry I forgot a screenshot, attaching one now

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Did anyone find a solution to this problem? I'm experiencing something similar except the scrollbar disappears completely when you move the mouse over it.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

yep, still same thing with latest release here.

cheers

spotk

Vote Rating

FF/Mac scrollbars are like one giant bug. There is no known workaround yet.
    Jack Slocum
    Sencha Co-Founder, Ext JS Founder
    Original author of Ext JS 1, 2 & 3.
    Twitter: @jackslocum

Ext User
    Vote Rating

I have the same problem. Scrollbars are not visible if the grid is rendered inside a panel.
    I have a basic dialog with a grid inside with scrollbar invisible (as in fig. 1).
    A possible workaround I've found is to set autoScroll to false in the basic dialog config obj. This way everything works well also in FF for Mac (which I use). (Fig. 2).

This issue comes out when the grid or the borderLayout which contains the grid is 100% width.
    Or at least this is my case.

Bye

Default Custom scroll bars instead of system scroll bars?

Quote Originally Posted by jack.slocum View Post
    FF/Mac scrollbars are like one giant bug. There is no known workaround yet.
    I've read that this is fixed in Firefox 3 , but it might be a long time before that's commonplace. There are a lot of OS/X Firefox 2 installations, and I consider them relevant! Might be worth it to invest in a radical workaround?

It seems that ext-js does a lot of other impressive stuff... couldn't it replace the system scroll bars with a custom DHTML widget that didn't have these Z-order problems? Would be nice for skinning; I sort of feel the Aqua scroll bar doesn't look very good with the theme anyway. Everything else looks rolled from scratch...how hard might it be?

Overall the framework seems very well done so I hate to complain. But this popped up instantly when I tried the desktop demo and dragged the accordion window over top of the scroll bar on the right of the grid window. Broke my heart to see it.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

Default ComboBox scroll issue in Firefox

Certain firefox themes don't have this problem, nor the scrollbar-through-the-dialog issue.

Obviously, this isn't a fix...nor something that you can rely on an end-user having installed...just an observation.

Default Workaround Scrollbar Bug with a Firefox Theme

Quote Originally Posted by ronz View Post
    Certain firefox themes don't have this problem, nor the scrollbar-through-the-dialog issue.

Obviously, this isn't a fix...nor something that you can rely on an end-user having installed...just an observation.
    Hmmm, thanks for the heads up. Since this is a fairly pervasive bug affecting more than just extjs, I thought I'd use theming to make a workaround. After all, even when Firefox 3 is released some people might be stuck with 2 for legacy reasons.

What I did was I put together two themes that fixed the problem but look like un-themed Firefox on the Mac: one is for when the scroll buttons are together, and another for when they're at the top and bottom. I hoped it would be much easier and just a matter of taking the scroll bars out of a mac-like theme and transplanting them onto the classic theme. But it wasn't, so I ended up having to learn some CSS and draw some bitmaps:

http://hostilefork.com/2007/11/06/wo...ar-bug-on-mac/

If anyone has feedback, post it as a comment on the article and let me know...!

HF.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast