Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    snorbicet is on a distinguished road

Hello!

I think that it is difficult to build not-trivial form layouts using FormLayouts embedded in other layouts. For example if I want horizontally aligned fields then I have to use 1 FormLayout per field.

My question is: can I use GXT's form support (field label display, validation, etc.) if I want to display my form only using eg. com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.HTMLPanel?

I don't want any FormLayouts!
    Of course FormLayout is sometimes handy, but the best solution would be a separate FieldLabel component (which wraps a normal [URL=

Ext GWT Premium Member gslender's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    gslender is on a distinguished road

Have a look at http://extjs.com/examples/forms/advanced.html and the column layout that is used to show fields in a row.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    snorbicet is on a distinguished road

Thanks, I saw that.
    My scenario is to display lots of labels and fields horizontally (L=label, F=field):

L1 F1 L2 F2 L3 F3 ... L9 F9

As I understand, this can be achieved by a HorizontalPanel and 9 containers each with FormLayout. My problem is that this simple layout requires many containers, lots of code, just because to display field labels.
    Instead, I would create 1 HTMLPanel, call addAndReplace() 18-times, and that's it. Besides, designing would be much easier with a WYSIWYG HTML editor.

I don't say that my approach would be better in all cases, but sometimes it would be very handy. And it is relatively easy to do, only a FieldLabel component is needed (I have to investigate the details, like how the label is involved in the validation process, eg.

Thread Participants: 1